Anger

A ghastly story - too often heard.

However, this doesn't sound like anger. It didn't happen in the heat of the moment. It was calm, premeditated evil. God says - yes - it is real and it is everywhere...especially in places like Pakistan.

I don't think I could bear to watch that documentary.

I mean anger on my part.

This is the first time I've posted something like this on the forums, but frankly this is the kind of thing I read about on a weekly basis. It gets to me.

It's somewhat personal, too, at times. Some of my friends were victims or family of victims of these types of crimes, so I think it's a little closer to my heart than it is to many people.

I understand your feelings, and there is a certain desire for justice on the inside of all of us (placed there by God). Yet it is the same God that says "love your enemies and pray for your persecutors".

Personally, I will tell you what I am feeling after reading Shama's article.

There is an initial feeling of anger yes, but my feelings of compassion are flowing so much for that woman that the anger is swallowed up by the compassion.

That woman expressed the level of pain to the point where she is almost considering suicide, which would leave her children parentless.

Anger is not what she needs, but compassion. She needs to be told of Jesus, and how His healing (inwardly and outwardly) can help her.

She needs to be (apparently) told that even scarred, her life is not worthless, because her true worth is not based on outward appearances, but by the true worth of the Pearl [of Great Price] that purchased her.

And although at a time like this people may not want to hear it, but God also loves her husband as well. And while that doesn't exclude him from our world justice system, it does mean that the man needs (and can have) Jesus too.

Last edited:
I felt very sad about her. I didn't know that this was happening in a multiple level and most get no justice, in the human sense. :( But God is still righteous and just. He will be the one to bring judgement.

I do believe anger start it all. Start with anger and then hate. Then comes thoughts of doing harm. Anger in not a sin but is a gateway to it. Just us the bible says “In your anger do not sin : Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry"

I didn't feel angry or sad, I felt indifferent..
Here are some verses, I hope they help.

Numbers 14:18 (NIV)
18 ‘The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.’

Psalm 37:8 (NIV)
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.

Proverbs 29:8 (NIV)
8 Mockers stir up a city,
but the wise turn away anger.

Ecclesiastes 7:9 (NIV)
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Ephesians 4:26-27 (NIV)
26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

Colossians 3:8 (NIV)
8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

James 1:19-20(NIV)
19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

Last edited:
Back