A scientific look at cloning

hey man I take no responsibility for the rednecks in the US who marry their kin
wow.gif

Heheh.
Shark, you seem like you're almost completely uninformed on cloning, or are just spouting off the words that leading CHristians say, and they too are uninformed on the subject.
Playing God is not present in cloning. True, that if SUCCESSFUL clones were constantly being brought out, I think that would stall God's return indeed, and put on an immortal length on mankind, which I think would not be in His will.
But as I have said before: no one knows God's will, and only God knows his will. It's not playing God to be a doctor. It's playing God to clone, however?
I don't support cloning, though. BUt I don't think it's playing God.
As for rednecks: that would indeed be disgenics.
And as for eugenics: I don't think we needed Hitler to start a purification process. The Catholics tried that in religion by eliminating the Muslims of Jerusalem, and a ton of Jews. So the Christians made two major enemies that way, but the Jews aren't as such against us.

My 2cents:
Dolly the sheep died of a disease its parent did not have. The looked very similar (not totally identical) but behaved different.
Tell me then whats the difference between a clone and a twin is? Other than it takes 10 tries to make an exceptible clone. God obviously has no problem with twins so why would a clone be any different? The only problem I see now is that you would have like half a dozen "SPECIAL STEVES" for every good clone.

Gene manipulation (to eliminate cancers etc.) is a whole different can of beans though. In most cases it would be a false hope. Sure your kid wouldn't get cancer, mabey, but he/she would die at 3 cause of some unknow new thing, most likly brought about from the "procedure".

Go look up the definitions, just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean there ISN'T a reason.

No offence, but I could fill a warehouse with what you don't understand.

Eon

Back