A lot of news for Oct. 15th...

XionTawa

• Updates for November and December:
    The development team is currently preparing two major version updates for release in late November and mid-December. Some of the changes planned are as follows:

Late November Update
    • Adjustments and additions to the user interface
    • Adjustments to the Markets and retainers
    • Lowering of Teleport and Return costs
    • Adjustments to overall battle balance
    • Adjustments to class balance
    • Adjustments to party battle balance
    • Adjustments to monster placement
    • Adjustments to levequests
    • Adjustments to synthesis
    • Addition of new synthesis recipes
    • Alleviation of lag issues

Mid-December Update
    • Addition of notorious monsters
    • Addition of new guildleves
    • Addition of new synthesis recipes
    • Addition of new items

In addition to the above changes and additions, several seasonal events are planned to begin starting in December.

Further details on both version update and seasonal event content will be released in the coming weeks via the Lodestone.

Last edited:
Wow, a developer that actually listens. ^_^ Extra month sounds snazzy too!

I kind of dig what SE is doing. Its as if FFXIV is a diamond in the rough, allowing player feedback to cut and mold this game into what it should be. I am very, very very very excited to see how this shapes up. And WOOT! another free month :D

I love how SE just says "adjustments." I mean come on, what does that mean exactly? The extra free month was needed, and a good move on SE's part. It will keep the game's population up in an effort to see some positive changes and a more playable environment. Alleviation of lag issues is the one I'm most excited about. I would enjoy this game a lot more then I do if I had a reponsive UI and lower load times on NPCs in cities and camps.

Back