A lack of love

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I have seen several recent posts and PMs that, in my opinion, demonstrate an attitude more concerned with expressing one's opinion than showing love and blessing others.

Toward that end, I would ask all forum members to consider the following verses when they post:
  • 1 Corinthians 13:1: If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
  • Proverbs 8:12: "I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion."
  • Matthew 22:34-40: But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together. One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
  • 1 Corinthians 10:31: Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

For those who would ask if it is possible to "do all to the glory of God," consider that no commandment in the Bible is given without aid to fulfill it.

Philippians 4:8-13: "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

I understand that we are all at different points in our individual relationships with Christ. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect a continuing effort to serve God and, by proxy, love others more each day.

If I may, I would love to toss another set of verses which I believe reaffirm what you are saying Tek7 ...

1 Corinthians 10:23-24
23"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. 24Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.

Folks, whether we are debating the fine points of eternal salvation or whether we like/dislike the new xbox360, there is a heart attitude that needs checking.

1 Peter 5:5-6
5Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."[a] 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

We need to stop treating each other like strangers and remember that we are a family who will spend eternality together.

2 Timothy 2:22-24
22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

I would like to emphasis the word 'resentful'. While I won't give you a dictionary meaning for it, I think we can find that there has been some it demostrated in some of the followup postings regarding what has happened in RD. Guys, we are to be examples of the saving grace of Christ but to an outsider, we are not showing ourselves approved.

2 Timothy 2:14-15
14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Let us instead be what 1 Thessalonians 2:3-5 tells us ...

3For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. 4On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. 5You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed—God is our witness.

I believe RD needs a cooling off as I think we have some who hold too dear their own opinions above God's own command to love one another. I pray we will each take some time to recollect our thoughts, submitting them to Christ, and let His light shine.

Right, so uh, when do you express that in Counter-Strike again? Is it before or after you attempt to kill the opposition? Just wondering what the official stance dictated on that one.

You might help me here Ice as I have no idea how what was said has to do with playing a game. Could you bridge that for me please?

[7F]Hawk said:
You might help me here Ice as I have no idea how what was said has to do with playing a game. Could you bridge that for me please?

I'm just beginning to have a hard time reconciling the message of the Gospel with Christians playing violent videogames. I've yet to see anyone provide a sound argument melding the two, and found the message of this "soft reprimand" somewhat contradictory to many of the games that posters here particpate in.

So I suppose you could consider it an ill-advised inflammatory question, should you choose. That would be ducking the issue though, in my opinion.

John 13:34-35

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

these verses seem to be taken quite out of context and seemingly attempted to be applied to non-applicable subjects.

it's just frustrating to see Christians unable to take criticism or advice from anyone but themselves.

having an opinion, feeling strongly about it and discussin it passionately, even in passionate disagreement with someone else, doesn't mean you don't have love. that would be the message that appears to be being relayed here, and i think that's ludacris. this is what i have gathered from reading here and other posts.

if you don't like what someone says, fine, but don't go stringing them up by their tongues because of it.

IceBladePOD said:
I'm just beginning to have a hard time reconciling the message of the Gospel with Christians playing violent videogames. I've yet to see anyone provide a sound argument melding the two, and found the message of this "soft reprimand" somewhat contradictory to many of the games that posters here particpate in.

So I suppose you could consider it an ill-advised inflammatory question, should you choose. That would be ducking the issue though, in my opinion.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Corinthians 9:19-23 19 For although I am free from all people, I have made myself a slave to all, in order to win more people. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win Jews; to those under the law, like one under the law--though I myself am not under the law--to win those under the law. 21 To those who are outside the law, like one outside the law--not being outside God's law, but under the law of Christ--to win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people, so that I may by all means save some. 23 Now I do all this because of the gospel, that I may become a partner in its benefits

We play games, because there needs to be a Christian presence in the gaming world.

Plus it is an enjoyable passtime..

[/FONT]

If I may chime in...

"Tse-kung asked, 'Is there one word that can serve as a principle of conduct for life?'

Confucius replied, 'It is the word 'shu' -- reciprocity. Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.'"

Doctrine of the Mean 13.3

Love wow o wow is that not enough its as simple so that a child can comprehend!!! Be as a child and behold the wonders that awaits!!!!

This year I focused on learning how to love God and wanting to understand His Love for me. I have discovered that this should be a daily and life long journey rather than something that can be learned in a few short lessons.

Tek got me thinking on love. I think my favorite verse on love would have to be that of I Peter 4:8. It was the Love of Jesus that covered all my sins throughout my life, if I so choose Him as my Saviour. May we cover our brothers sins as well and exemplify God's I Corinthians 13 Love.

http://www.lproof.org/Devotions/2004/whenloveisdifficult.htm

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 13:10

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. I John 4:7

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. I John 4:12

Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. I Corinthians 8:1

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, I Corinthians 13:4

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. I Corinthians 13:8

Let all your things be done with charity. I Corinthians 16:4

We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth; II Thessalonians 1:3

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: I Timothy 1:5

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. I Timothy 4:12

That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. Titus 2:2

And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. I Peter 4:8

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. II Peter 1:7

Last edited:
Back