I have been learning a bit about the law of attraction and i've learned that
if I think negative (e.g thinking subconsiencely that i'm gonna be lonely
in the country all my life) then I cause the Universe to contribute to my
loneliness in the country. I also have a thought that I need to be careful
what I believe about my future too because I don't want unnecessary
negative circumstances in my life. I also have a thought that if I think
negatively about my future subconsiencely then it might have an effect on
what the tarot cards say about my future. I hav'nt got a tarot card set yet
but i'm thinking about buying a set of tarot cards.

Those verses in the Bible that talks against divination there might be a
hard truth to those verses that we might not understand.

I believe one of the ways God made the universe is in the way that as a
man thinketh in his heart so is he.

If God does'nt want me to think that i'm gonna be lonely all my life then
I BETTER NOT THINK THAT I'M GONNA BE LONELY ALL MY LIFE then. :eek::eek::eek:

I also been using crystal healing and have been looking a bit into my
chakras.

Sounds like pouring gas on yourself in a match factory.

TheMonkey knows that if you throw banana peels all over the floor, you create a slippery path that will eventually rot.

There is nothing but truth in the bible, and a lot of truths that are not meant to be played with, whether you understand them or not.

If you think negative, you act negative. That which is on heart become your words and actions and that is biblical! If you think negative, you act negative, and negative things will follow you. The universe has nothing to do with it.

If you are going to throw banana peels on your path, you have nobody and nothing to blame but yourself when you stumble and fall.

There is nothing but truth in the bible,

I'm not saying the Bible is false. I personally like the 1611 King james bible.

I'm mainly thinking about using tarot card's to find out what some of the people I know are really like.

There's a reason that the Bible says (in several places Old and New Testament) that any kind of occult practice or divination is wrong, and that is because it opens the doorway to deceptive and unclean spirits to enter.

I used to be heavily into martial arts, and as a part of that also came the buddhist practices, which also went into mysticism and chakras. I had the crystals, and books on energy manipulation. I had wizardry tools and had spirit guides and did some very nasty things, and they did nothing but lead me down a very dark, very deep hole.

This is what I have learned in my personal life:

Everything operates by faith. There are evil spirits out there that will try to convince you of this thing or that thing, and if they can get you to shift your faith from Biblical truth onto their lies, then they will have you.

From someone who has been where you are and a bit deeper than this... my advice to you is, don't mess with it. There is nothing there but deceit, and once you dive in, it will be very difficult to get out, and you would be putting your life (body and spirit) in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Caleb - it sounds like you know what God says about it - but you have decided to go with what you think about it.

God says have nothing to do with any of it. So don't. Dabbling is doing. Don't dabble - don't do it.

I used to be heavily into martial arts, and as a part of that also came the buddhist practices, which also went into mysticism and chakras. I had the crystals, and books on energy manipulation. I had wizardry tools and had spirit guides and did some very nasty things, and they did nothing but lead me down a very dark, very deep hole.

I'm not looking into being a buddhist and i'm not going to practice necromancy
and i'm not gonna get into spirit guides.

Did'nt God made Crystals and stones, they come from the earth.

Did you have an ouiji board as one of your wizardry tools?

Last edited:
I'm not looking into being a buddhist and i'm not going to practice necromancy
and i'm not gonna get into spirit guides.

"Once on a slippery slope, one can not always hold the rope."
The snowball effect can be quite subtle and the draw can be quite powerful. Why tempt yourself needlessly?

Did'nt God made Crystals and stones, they come from the earth.
Yes God made crystals... He also made the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden... that doesn't mean we were allowed to eat from it.

The rules against such things are for our protection... I was younger and much more foolish back when I went down the road, and I caused myself and to some extent those around me a lot of un-needed greif and pain... I chose to share some of my past so that others (including you) might be spared the same rocky path.

Did you have an ouiji board as one of your wizardry tools?
I personally did not, but unfortunatley my neighbor did, and we had some shared experiences which I do not have the desire to expound upon here.

Last edited:
http://www.openbible.info/topics/tarot_cards

Leviticus 19:26 ESV

“You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14 ESV

“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God, ...

Leviticus 20:27 ESV

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

Leviticus 19:31 ESV

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Leviticus 20:6 ESV

“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Deuteronomy 18:10 ESV

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

Revelation 21:8 ESV

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Acts 19:17-19 ESV

And this became known to all the residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was extolled. Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver.

Acts 8:9-13 ESV

But there was a man named Simon, who had previously practiced magic in the city and amazed the people of Samaria, saying that he himself was somebody great. They all paid attention to him, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the power of God that is called Great.” And they paid attention to him because for a long time he had amazed them with his magic. But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Even Simon himself believed, and after being baptized he continued with Philip. And seeing signs and great miracles performed, he was amazed.

Ezekiel 13:18 ESV

And say, Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew magic bands upon all wrists, and make veils for the heads of persons of every stature, in the hunt for souls! Will you hunt down souls belonging to my people and keep your own souls alive?

Revelation 22:15 ESV

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Exodus 7:22 ESV

But the magicians of Egypt did the same by their secret arts. So Pharaoh's heart remained hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

Hebrews 1:14 ESV

Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

Acts 19:18 ESV

Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices.

Deuteronomy 18:11 ESV

Or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dea/ 5 helpful votes

So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron cast down his staff before Pharaoh and his servants, and it became a serpent. Then Pharaoh summoned the wise men and the sorcerers, and they, the magicians of Egypt, also did the same by their secret arts. For each man cast down his staff, and they became serpents. But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs.

2 Corinthians 12:7 ESV

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.

Psalm 103:2-4 ESV

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

Exodus 8:7 ESV

But the magicians did the same by their secret arts and made frogs come up on the land of Egypt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the scripture, ewok.

The scriptures are clear, Caleb - don't get involved in that stuff. We all have free will - you can do what you want. But don't expect God to bless or honor those actions that are clearly contrary to his word. There are consequences.

I'm mainly thinking about using tarot card's to find out what some of the people I know are really like.

I have to say, if you were my friend and I found out you were flipping cards about me, we wouldn't be friends long. Want to know whatim really like? Spend some time with me asking questions instead of shuffling cards. It's akin to making my mind up about you because I thought of the Seven of Spades, Two of Clubs, and a three on a D20.

That's right, it all is a game of chance and a bunch of garbage. That's why trying to use it for divination of truth is wrong.

Did God make crystals? Sure. He also made dirt... But He didn't intend for us to make mud, smear it on glass and look for signs in it. Yet I'm sur there will be some branch of divination that tries it. The same is tue for crystals and cards. There is no truth in those things. I think the verses Ewoks posted tell us exactly what God thinks.

All excellent points on the negatives of Tarot cards.

I would only add the cards themselves are neutral and not evil. It is the faith that one puts in the actions around these cards that is an abomination to God.

God wants nothing to come between us and Him.

There is actually a question about the origin of the cards themselves, although it can not be proven either way.

My personal philosophy now these days is that it is always better to avoid anything that has the potential to harm the soul.
"Better to be safe than sorry, when dealing with eternal matters."

I'd say - when dealing with eternal matters you are either safe or sorry.

There is an allure to the things of darkness. As the Word says, the devil will appear as an angel of light. Two resources I would go to beside this forum in your quest on this matter:

Check out this book called "The Beautiful Side of Evil". I read it a couple of years ago and it delves into the true power (though dark) used for seemingly good things. Great interview with the author here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUPwSier5U) where she talks about her experiences.

Also talk to your pastor, small group leader or elder about tarot cards and see what their feedback is. They might have some insights that we don't as well.

Good thinking...why not pray to the Creator of the Universe when you can consult some paper cards? I don't remember my bible discussing Jesus whipping out healing crystals on the blind, lame and mute.

Sounds to me like you God isn't enough for you and you are searching for alternatives for fulfillment. I have agreed 100% with the other posters.

What do you think of this youtube video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiE9rFKVjpc

There is a special place in hell reserved for heretics who twist the scriptures and lie. Revelations 21:8 is clear on the place that is reserved for sorcerers.

This idea that any "revelatory" activity is a gift of the spirit is totally false. It's like I could say that sacrificing chickens in a pentagram is actually something that God wants me to do. Guess what? If I said that it wouldn't be God, but surely something demonic. These evil forces have actual power, but it is demonic. Straight and simple.

Don't take my word for it. Acts 16:16-18 is a great reference:

16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.

Let's break this down. The spirit she had was real and it actually worked. There is no doubt in my mind that tarot cards, divination, and many other occultic activity has power to it. The spirit even correct identified that Paul and Silas were servants of the Most High. This is very common with evil spirits which encountered Jesus during His earthly ministry.

The point is the spirit was evil. They commanded it to leave her and she was FREE FROM IT. That's the point. Occult activity has the glimmer of light and beauty, but it is demonic and it enslaves you.

If you feel yourself being drawn to this please let us know and we can (are) praying for you. More importantly , get plugged into a church fellowship. The devil loves to pick off sheep who are too proud to fellowship with fellow sinners and believers in a church. They aren't perfect, but they aren't supposed to be on this side of glory.

Praying for you on this journey. ~Lloren

Ultimately, God wants you to trust him. Him alone.

He wants you to trust that He will not allow you to be lonely for your entire life.

He wants you to trust that He will bring real, true friends into your life.

He wants you to trust that He knows your future.

God banned the use of divination because it causes people to take their trust away from him and place it on "the Universe" or on "demons" or on "stars" or on "fate."

Tarot cards, as in physical paper cards with a three-suit deck and certain trump cards, are not in and of themselves evil. But you have stated yourself that you intend to use them for the purpose of figuring out things that you don't know, independently of your trust in God.

That is akin to witchcraft. The Bible calls it rebellion against God -- uprising against God's hand in your future, your relationships, your psyche.

Ultimately, all these things -- the future, healing, peace, relationships -- come from God. How they are imparted to us can change, but if we remove them from God and refuse to trust him for them, or outright rebel against what we see him doing, we're in incredibly dangerous ground.

Thankfully, God is merciful and trustworthy even when we do not trust him.

Back