Put Whatever You're Doing On Hold...

Kendrik

Staff member
...a trailer for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man just hit the internet. Well, I was just made aware of it, anyway. :p

It's on Yahoo. Here's a link! Enjoy!

rehashed and recycled. what's the pull here?

the end of that clip looked like video captures of Mirror's Edge 2. *sigh*

Last edited:
If you don't know the comic book don't look otherwise you're ok...
I wonder how people who only watch the comic book movies will react to the whole Gwen Stacy storyline. I'm assuming there will be a whole trilogy movie thing to cover it.

Last edited:
Spoiler alert: Peter Parker ends up with Gwen Stacy in this film series, like he should have the first time around. Silly meddling Stan Lee.

Just kidding. About the "Peter ends up with Gwen" part, not about Stan Lee being responsible for kicking Gwen Stacy to the curb.

And wow, a reboot already? It's only been 9 years since the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film. I didn't realize Spider-Man 3 was that bad. I actually liked parts of the movie.

This trailer failed to pique my interest in the movie, but now I really want a Mirror's Edge sequel. Such a great game, such mediocre execution. (I <3 the parkour gameplay, but I loathed the combat gameplay--so much that I dropped the game after reaching level 6.)

EDIT: With my "meh" reply to this thread and blasting Capcom following the announcement of Ultimate vs. Capcom 3 (with good reason; they canceled Mega Man 3 two days ago), I feel like it's National "Rain on Kendrik's Parade" Day. My apologies, sir.

Last edited:
And wow, a reboot already? It's only been 9 years since the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film. I didn't realize Spider-Man 3 was that bad. I actually liked parts of the movie.

I didn't think it was a bad film at all just mediocre. I thought they tried to squeeze to many villains into it (thought it was handled as well as possible), the scene with Peter strutting was hokey, and the butler explanation a bit contrived but I would not call it a bad film. Now if you want to talk bad look at Batman & Robin with George Clooney >.< X.x .

Last edited:
Spider-Man 3 was a huge disappointment for me because it didn't match my expectations in the least. Removed from my disappointment, I watched the movie again and thought it solid on its own overall... but still so far removed from my view of Spider-Man and its canon that I don't feel inclined to praise it.

@Tek: Your lack of hype... or negative view of the aforementioned things... doesn't hurt my hype or appreciation; I'm just bummed you're not hyped, too. :p

Eric Bana's "Hulk" was only a few years removed from the functional reboot that was Edward Norton's "Incredible Hulk." Sometimes... you gotta start over. :p

Dark Knight was a solid reboot. The reboot bar has been set pretty high.

Here's hoping to seeing this new not-emo Spidey in the Avengers movie!

I think they're going with the Ultimate Marvel Universe version of Nick Fury. And Samuel Jackson playing him is pure epic win.

I think they're going with the Ultimate Marvel Universe version of Nick Fury. And Samuel Jackson playing him is pure epic win.

Meh I'm not a Jackson fan everything he is in he acts like he has a chip on his shoulder. I admit he is at least talks the tough type character but I liked the fact Nick Fury was actually the Nick Fury from way back in the Howling Commandos comic. Ok I just like Silver age comics better period. If Marvel really wanted to be PC (which is more than likely the motivation for the Fury change) they should add more Hispanics.

When Fury was reimagined for the Ultimate universe ten years ago, he was straight up based on Samuel Jackson (with his permission). It's only right that he plays Fury in the movies.

And, comparing what I know of old Fury to what I see in Ultimate/film universes... it's a very fair character evolution that suits the more modern approach to comics and comic-based films.

I'm not usually a fan of Jackson... but Fury is definitely an exception for me.

And I usually prefer Silver Age to Modern Age comics, too. ;)

When Fury was reimagined for the Ultimate universe ten years ago, he was straight up based on Samuel Jackson (with his permission). It's only right that he plays Fury in the movies.

And, comparing what I know of old Fury to what I see in Ultimate/film universes... it's a very fair character evolution that suits the more modern approach to comics and comic-based films.

I'm not usually a fan of Jackson... but Fury is definitely an exception for me.

And I usually prefer Silver Age to Modern Age comics, too. ;)

Hey if you like it you like it, I don't. I don't hate him as Nick Fury but it wouldn't be my pick. It's kind of irrelevant to me if the comic book is the source and I made the comment knowing that. At least he is not the David Hasselhoff Nick Fury "shudders" .

Now that I think about it though I do think of Jackson as kind of a Jerk and Fury can be kind of a Jerk hmmm...

So you know I stopped reading comics a little over ten years ago for various moral and quality of writing reasons. Ultimate probably would have fallen under that (the wiki mentioned a sex tape rolleyes). I like Superheroes who actually act like heroes, not perfect, but not condoning their sins. That's probably why I am currently watching watching this from Netflix instead of the new gunk. I did like the Avengers cartoon series I watched though. It's weird most (unfortunately not all) cartoons still filter out the unnecessary mature stuff considering the comics don't. Thing is kids will read them as a result of watching the show.

I do still have my ginormous comic collection if you need my ex-comic aficionado credentials. :p

Last edited:
I love the new Avengers cartoon series. :p

And I agree on the sentiment of heroes who act like heroes. I actually wrote a couple walls of text about that... as well as ethics in comics as a whole... on StashMyComics. lol

I don't even wanna think of Hasselhoff as Fury. /shudder

Last edited:
Back