Will you participate in Shutdown Day (March 24, 2007)

Will you participate in Shutdown Day (March 24, 2007)?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
It is obvious that people would find life extremely difficult without computers, maybe even impossible. If they disappeared for just one day, would we be able to cope?
Be a part of one of the biggest global experiments ever to take place on the internet. The idea behind the experiment is to find out how many people can go without a computer for one whole day, and what will happen if we all participate!
Shutdown your computer on this day and find out! Can you survive for 24 hours without your computer?
Source: Shutdown Day

Will you participate?

I'd implode. seriously not cool. Actually, I wouldn't be able to participate because part of my job requires me to use a computer.

And does this just encompass PCs, or are we talking cell phones, the computer that runs my car, my iPod, etc?

And does this just encompass PCs, or are we talking cell phones, the computer that runs my car, my iPod, etc?
Good point! I don't feel like shutting off power to my house for a day (and then throwing away all my batteries). :p

Worth a shot.It's worth a shot. If I'm not at the computer I'm usually running around town or reading, so I guess I'll run errands.

I'd implode. seriously not cool. Actually, I wouldn't be able to participate because part of my job requires me to use a computer.
March 24 is a Saturday.

Just PCs.

I'm planning on participating IF I'm not on call that day. Even if I am on call, I'll likely shut my personal computers down and only boot up my work notebook if absolutely necessary.

maybe, we'll see, i think my finals are around that time so no go

lol only one day? that's like "here, don't eat your dessert until tomorrow." You'll just be itching to get to it because it's cool and covered in cream cheese frosting (well maybe not the computer). But seriously I don't see a point. People in yesteryear could make it... so can we

Sure, I'll participate. I couldn't use the computer for a week, 1 day shouldn't be a problem. Besides, I can just play on my Sega Saturn on March 24th, a video game console system is not a PC.

Based on denotation, all video games would be computers as well. The connotation makes us think it's only a computer if it runs an OS.

My wife and I will be at a local event in the morning, then finishing packing for a vacation later in the day. It won't be too hard to keep the computer turned off as long as I finish wrapping things up March 23.

aye, it's a good idea, i'm in. i might as well make it shutdown week cause im going on a missions trip the next day! lol...wonder if it's possible to do that without going insane....

Back