ZG update

Angus_Og

ZG is coming along great. We are now killing more bosses in the same amount of time as we were killing 3 bosses a month or two ago. With this we are close to finishing off this instance. The raid is now spread over 2 days and we are going to be hitting new bosses.

The reason for this increase is due to new tactics that we have started doing along with better experience within ZG and better gear. To continue this trend there are a few things that I expect everyone to know and understand.

There are only 5 mandatory bosses: Snake, Bat, Spider, Tiger and Panther. These need to be killed before we hit Hakkar. All other bosses are optional and we will do them for their drops.

Friday nights we will attempt Snake, Bat, Spider and Bloodlord. This gets us over half way to Hakkar. On Saturdays we will be attempting Tiger, Panther, Jin'do and Hakkar.

We will only reset/wipe a maximum of 3 times on the optional bosses before we move on. We will only reset/wipe a maximum of 5 times before we call the raid. This will ensure that the frustration level of new content will not overwhelm us.

There are four basic categories for this raid: CC, DPS, Healing and Tanking.
CC is made up of mages and druids. This is the number one priority for most fights. I expect this group to know what color/icon they are assigned and to make sure that they are CC’ed until the raid is ready for it.
DPS is made up of feral/moonkin druids, hunters, mages, dps paladins, shadow priests,rogues, warlocks and dps warriors.
Healing is made up of: all priests, healadins and resto druids.
Tanking is made up of protection warriors.

Now with all that being said one group was left out since it is not always needed, decursing. Curses need to be removed as quickly as possible. If you can remove them, do it. I do not care what your roll is, remove the curse if you can. This includes all curses, poisons and the like. If you are a caster, or can cast, I suggest you get decursive. This is a great mod letting you know when there is something you can dispel on a raid member.

We will also be using a two tank system. MT and an OT will be taking the first two mobs in a group. This will allow us to move faster knowing which one to go after next and will allow them to gain more aggro/rage.

The marking hunter will be responsible for 90% of the pulls and in marking the next target to take. Warriors will be responsible for pulling groups, spiders, and bosses. This will make sure they are #1 on the aggro list from the beginning.

We are doing good work in ZG. People are learning what to expect and what their roles are. We just need to continue to improve each time we go in. As with all things expectations will increase as more experience is gained.

Last edited:
ZG is coming along great.
QFE. We did real well Friday. We've now seen that the tiger boss is not invincible; in fact, he'll become a little easier after each successful attempt. Before you know it, we'll be downing all the bosses in three hrs. Then, it's on to AQ20!

Friday nights we will attempt Snake, Bat, Spider and Bloodlord. This gets us over half way to Hakkar. On Saturdays we will be attempting Tiger, Panther, Jin'do and Hakkar.
Would it be better to put one of the easy bosses on day 2 and put tiger on day 1? Out of the four bosses you list on day 2, we've only seen one and have only killed him once. Just a thought.

DPS is made up of feral/moonkin druids, hunters, mages, dps paladins, shadow priests, warlocks and dps warriors.
Haha, no rogues allowed. :p

Okay, DPS is updated to include rogues. My mistake there. Smertrios hasn't been in there for a while so I forgot them.

As for an easier boss on day 2, we might do that. I could switch Snake and Tiger around.

And as far as AQ20 goes, I plan on hitting that whenever the instance reset lands on Saturday atm. At least until we get AQ20 down pat.

I believe they are under DPS. But one thing I have read so far is that a feral druid, aka teddy tank, is great for tanking one of the bosses, Panther I believe.

I'm all for whatever is best for the guild/raid, but might I also put in a plug for keeping tiger on the first night. Not all of us will be able to get to the Saturday runs and if we can keep the mix fresh on Friday that would allow for drops that would otherwise be unavailable. For example, I am hoping to pick up the Peacekeeper Leggings from Tiger so I can get the FR enchant on them, but if he's on Saturday that will probably not happen for me. For those of us that have been coming for a while but can't make Saturday, it would help in our gearing to be able to keep a fresh boss on Friday night.

I agree, I will not always be able to make Saturday runs like I can on Fridays. So my vote would be for Tiger on Saturday and my preference would be to put Bat on Saturday if it was my choice.

With the concerns posted, we will rotate the bosses each week. This Friday will be Bat, Snake, Bloodlord and Tiger. Saturday will feature Spider, Panther, Jin'do and Hakkar. Or as close as we can get to him.

Back