Move ZG up and extend it one hour

• Yes, do it.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, I like it the way it is.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angus_Og

Just as an update, we all know that 2 weeks ago we did not do ZG. Not enough people and I was sick. This past week we basically farmed due to the patch on Friday and not enough people on Saturday.

I am seeing a trend, even before these past 2 weeks. We are having issue getting people together for the Saturday run.

I propose that we move the run up and extend it one hour. This will become a four hour run starting between 6:00/6:30 ST and lasting till 10:00/10:30 ST. It will allow us to take on at least another boss and if we can take all 5 aspects down in 4 hours we can always schedule a Hakkar run the next day.

Just as an update, we all know that 2 weeks ago we did not do ZG. Not enough people and I was sick. This past week we basically farmed due to the patch on Friday and not enough people on Saturday.

I am seeing a trend, even before these past 2 weeks. We are having issue getting people together for the Saturday run.

I propose that we move the run up and extend it one hour. This will become a four hour run starting between 6:00/6:30 ST and lasting till 10:00/10:30 ST. It will allow us to take on at least another boss and if we can take all 5 aspects down in 4 hours we can always schedule a Hakkar run the next day.

Personally, I think it is a time issue with the runs. It's not that no one wants to go, or attendence has been low because of that. For example, 4 hours for a run? Not a lot of people can set that aside on a Friday night. I'm sure some people can. My vote, speed up the run itself, shorten the time, and more people will show up every week. Four bosses in AQ20 can be taken out in 2 hours and I think those bosses are harder than ZG.

I also have not been to ZG in a while, but I know a lot of our members now have a lot of experience there. I don't think that a run should take 4 hours, but that's just me. With the experience that TF has in ZG now, the Snake, Bat, and Spider, should be taken down easily, and extremely fast. Two hours on Friday night should be plenty of time for a few bosses. Plenty of time.

The main difference between 4 bosses in AQ and 4 bosses in ZG is that there is very little trash mobs between fights in AQ. There's more trash getting to the first boss in AQ than there is between there and the 3rd boss combined.

It seems there may be 15-20 pulls between each ZG boss, and that's assuming you can skip the imps, etc. Some of that is our own doing as we pull extra groups for rep, extra groups to get to Hoodoo piles, etc, but all the same, it's part of the instance.

As for moving up/extending... my vote was no. I don't know that I have the attention span to do the same thing that long. MC kills me, as it is. I also think starting earlier will exclude some of our regulars (including one of our tanks).

Personally, I think it is a time issue with the runs. It's not that no one wants to go, or attendence has been low because of that. For example, 4 hours for a run? Not a lot of people can set that aside on a Friday night. I'm sure some people can. My vote, speed up the run itself, shorten the time, and more people will show up every week. Four bosses in AQ20 can be taken out in 2 hours and I think those bosses are harder than ZG.

I also have not been to ZG in a while, but I know a lot of our members now have a lot of experience there. I don't think that a run should take 4 hours, but that's just me. With the experience that TF has in ZG now, the Snake, Bat, and Spider, should be taken down easily, and extremely fast. Two hours on Friday night should be plenty of time for a few bosses. Plenty of time.

Ok, how do you propose I speed up the run? Since of course ZG is easier, but has more mobs between bosses, then AQ20. What bosses should we take down? Should we keep it Friday and Saturday or just Friday? Should I open it up for all of SGA at the start? Should I limit who can come by their survivability?

I am curious. Give me ideas. I am more then willing to listen to ideas, but just don't tell me to speed it up because some epic'ed out group can run AQ20 faster then a green/blue group can do ZG.

My suggestions might not be yielded as good suggestions for the run, but I'll throw some out there anyway. Make it a timed run first of all. Doesn't matter where we are, what we are killing, etc. Make it a 2 hour run max. Regardless of where the group is. Obviously, if a boss pull is within 1 or 2 mob pulls, finish the boss. Other wise, call it a night. Pull as soon as marked. If Adam goes and is the marker, he knows which one to mark first. Mark and pull. Everyone knows what is going on with each boss fight so keep talking in the beginning down to a minimum. There isn't a real reason to discuss the spider boss every single time. Do a "cliffs notes" version and get it done. Get loot distributed asap. People should already know if they want the item or don't want the item. Put it all up in the raid chat, put up the first item and have people roll. People shouldn't be asking in chat if one item is better than another. Put up the item, roll for it, distribute it, and move on. Looting shouldn't take more than 2 minutes total on each boss, if that. While loot is being distributed for those 2 minutes, mana up then. Have people take their break then, etc. Have planned before the run what bosses are going to be attempted instead of getting done with the first one and deciding on what is happening next. Runs should start on time. If there are 3 or 4 people short for the run, start pulling anyway and gather up the needed people before the boss pull. Twenty people are not needed for the trash mobs unless healers are in short demand.

A few other things that could speed up the run:
Have a designated Hunters Mark person, person for putting up raid symbols on mobs, and a person for loot. The only thing the raid leader should be doing is the loot, that's it. This is probably already occuring, but I'm just throwing it out there anyway. :)

If I think of anything else, I'll post it up. I think the main thing for me would be a 2 hour run, and stop. I do enjoy going to ZG, but only doing ZG for the night gets old to me. I'd like to get in, get out, and continue with other stuff.

Edit: Also, if you are going to plan on taking down the Tiger for the night, take only people that can get that done. It may sound selfish for the run, but you don't go into a battle in real life by sending in people who can't do it. The runs should be to take bosses down first, learning the instance second, and loot third. If someone was to go into the army and fight in a war, would you want the person beside you to have a baseball bat, or a gun? For big fights, bring the big weapons. For smaller nights, bring anyone who would like to come.

Ok, how do you propose I speed up the run? Since of course ZG is easier, but has more mobs between bosses, then AQ20. What bosses should we take down? Should we keep it Friday and Saturday or just Friday? Should I open it up for all of SGA at the start? Should I limit who can come by their survivability?

I am curious. Give me ideas. I am more then willing to listen to ideas, but just don't tell me to speed it up because some epic'ed out group can run AQ20 faster then a green/blue group can do ZG.

Chris, I think your ideas sound good in theory, but are a little difficult to institute.

Timed run: done. 3 hours is the posted time. Usually we quit early.

Marker, looter, etc: Done. Typically one person is responsible for assigning charms for crowd control, marking charms, etc. A seperate person is doing loot, referencing tables of "what class does this best suit?" etc. Mike is responsible for the overall organization for the run, but he has been delegating appropriately. There are usually 3 or 4 of us doing side tasks to make it go quicker.

Mark and insta-pull: That sounds great, but when you have to worry about CC'ing 4 or 5 targets...it's kinda nice to give people a few moments to mana up, get their target,etc. As a healer, i hate it when someone's not ready and I get eaten alive because we're rushing.

Bring the big guns: Hard to do when some nights we have to cancel the raid for lack of attendance. We don't typically have many choices to make when it comes to who to bring. I choose between my mage or my priest based on whether or not we have enough healing without Imcu. I do a lot more damage on my mage.... but we don't always get that luxury.

Cliff notes: Since we've had trouble in the past few weeks because of changes that Blizzard has made...and we have a 5-8 different people each week, it's fairly important to go over the generalities of each boss.

Loot time: Some of the items that drop are fairly rare. I don't mind taking an extra 30 seconds making sure the right person gets the drops they deserve. A few weeks ago, we ran into a situation where someone was only coming to ZG for one very specific item, after making 100s of runs... and was only here to help us out. Sometimes, time delays are okay.

Fridays are not too much of an issue for me. I am all for starting earlier. Not sure how many East Coast players we have here but, the start time and length is the prime reason I typically don't attend runs on Sat. Staying up until 1am and doing Church in the morning is not that fun. Even though we have some awesome music to keep me awake:)

So, I will say yes but would also like to see a vote for moving the 4 hour block back an hour to put the quit time circa midnight EST.

I also think it would be a relief to you and possibly push better attendance if we rotated events each weekend. Have a ZG, AQ rotation.

I'd have no problem pushing ZG up an hour, but I'd like to see the raid shortened to 2 hours. I'm usually getting keyboard face by the time our Friday raids are over.

I have only been for a total of 10 minutes in ZG. But I like the idea of shorter raids. And these instances save your place. What about breaking it up into 2, 2-3 hour raids. A weekly raid so to speak.

I have only been for a total of 10 minutes in ZG. But I like the idea of shorter raids. And these instances save your place. What about breaking it up into 2, 2-3 hour raids. A weekly raid so to speak.

Totally off topic, but your avatar is AWESOME!!!!!! Kings Quest is the greatest game of all time. I used to sit on my dads lap as a kid and watch him play that game for hours and hours! I devote all of my gaming career to that single game.

Kings quest was the start of a long downhill slope for me.. LOL Just Kidding. And its funny you said you sat on your dads lap. Id say 30-40 percent of the time my almost 3 year old is on my lap helping me 'kill monsters'. Yes, a classic got the whole thing started...

Back