ZG Run (8/4)

Angus_Og

Well, it took some time but we got all 20. We had 8 mages, 3 paladins, 3 warriors, 3 priests, 2 druids, and one warlock.

We took the bat boss and had to reset once. But the next time we took her down, only cost us half the group but we did it.
The loot was: Primal Hakkari Shawl (Grymorgan), Primalist's Band (Shebaely) and Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers (Samage)

We took the group of seven inside the snake area in one shot, with 8 mages doing AoE it did not take long. It was an ugly kill but we got him down the first time through.
The loot was: Primal Hakkari Shawl (Meshach), Blooddrenched Footpads (Kirjath) and Mar'li's Eye (Seleleth)

Next we went after the Spider, one shotted it. Yes you heard me right. There was only one death and that was me, yes I know I should not tank.
The loot was: Primal Hakkari Stanchion (Neirai), Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers (Zennen) andMight of the Tribe (Kilmer).

Finally we attempted the Bloodlord again. Wiped twice and called it a night. We got him down the second time to 24%.

We also picked up 8 Bijous and 2 Bloodvines that were rolled for at the end of the run.

Overall I would have to say we had a good night in ZG even though my repair bill hurt me.

Last edited:
I had collected these last night on our run: Vilebranch Coin, Witherbark Coin, Razzashi Coin, Zulian Coin. Am I to keep these, or turn these in to someone? I needed to log last night so I could get up for work in the morning so I didn't get to ask. Let me know if I need to send them to the the raid leader, or whoever.

Thanks for the great run btw guys. I had a blast.

Sorry for the 2nd post. I should have put this in the one above. One thing that did kind of bother me was the amount of down time we have. There are times where the mobs would be marked, everyone gave a ready check, and there was a ton of time before we even attacked. Everyone should be ready to go after the ready check in my opinion. As soon as the results are in, if 90+% of the group is ready, sheeping and rushing/casting should start. I counted up to a minute one time after the ready check, until we actually started the fight. If we were ready, why did we wait so long?

I did think the run went rather smooth and it was awsome having so many mages there for sheeping and AoE'ing. I just think things could have went a little faster than what they did. That's just my $.02. Not fast to the point of we wipe for trying to hurry up, but if everyone is ready from the ready check, the go for it. Don't wait around wondering who is going to do what.

I agree with the downtime Chris but most of it was necessary so we could run as smootha a raid as we did. There was a lot of discussion in TS between pulls. As we progress and people get more familar with ZG there will be little or no down time. Atleast that's what I'm seeing in the other SGA runs.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you not get on TS?

Moonscipher said:
If you don't mind me asking, why do you not get on TS?

I don't mind in the least. I have a problem with my computer where everytime I try to run TS and I'm in an instance/raid, my game crashes. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this, short of purchasing a new computer, and nothing seems to work. I used some cash a little while ago to purchase a new guitar, instead of putting it towards a new computer as I felt that was more important. The only problem I have with playing WoW is not being able to run TS. I didn't feel it was necessary to purchase a $1000+ computer, just to have TS up and running.

Well that is a very good a...reason Reason. :) Hopefully you can get that worked out without having to pay 1000 dollars.

I think the one pull where I heard grumblings after the ready check, the healers needed a minute to get their healing strategy sorted out. I'm willing to wait the extra minute if it means we don't wipe because we have a good healing rotation set up.

I'm all for chainpulling, limiting downtime, etc... but there are times, especially with new players, new strategies, or new content that the extra downtime is needed.

BTW, I have the list of who got bijous, bloodvine, soldarite, etc at home. I'll post that list when I get home from work tomorrow.

2nd BTW: I think that the Greater Nature Protection Potions made a HUGE difference in the spider boss. I have enough potions and materials to get us through 8/11's run as well. I will not be available for the 8/18 run (work), and probably won't have the time to farm for the mats. In addition, each potion takes nearly 2g worth of materials, and I probably won't be providing an extra 40g worth of pots to each raid forever.

If someone would like to contribute to the creation of potions, please let me know. Ambryana, Durruck and Ryer can all make the potions. If you provide any of us with the materials, we'll be glad to craft them for you. The materials required: 1 Elemental Earth, 1 Dreamfoil, 1 Crystal Vial.

Lastly, thank you to those who sent back the extra potions from the 8/4 run - you saved me quite a bit of farming to get enough for 8/11's run.

Durruck said:
I think the one pull where I heard grumblings after the ready check, the healers needed a minute to get their healing strategy sorted out. I'm willing to wait the extra minute if it means we don't wipe because we have a good healing rotation set up.

I'm all for chainpulling, limiting downtime, etc... but there are times, especially with new players, new strategies, or new content that the extra downtime is needed.

BTW, I have the list of who got bijous, bloodvine, soldarite, etc at home. I'll post that list when I get home from work tomorrow.

2nd BTW: I think that the Greater Nature Protection Potions made a HUGE difference in the spider boss. I have enough potions and materials to get us through 8/11's run as well. I will not be available for the 8/18 run (work), and probably won't have the time to farm for the mats. In addition, each potion takes nearly 2g worth of materials, and I probably won't be providing an extra 40g worth of pots to each raid forever.

If someone would like to contribute to the creation of potions, please let me know. Ambryana, Durruck and Ryer can all make the potions. If you provide any of us with the materials, we'll be glad to craft them for you. The materials required: 1 Elemental Earth, 1 Dreamfoil, 1 Crystal Vial.

Lastly, thank you to those who sent back the extra potions from the 8/4 run - you saved me quite a bit of farming to get enough for 8/11's run.

If ya wouldn't mind Randy, send me a tell in game with the mats for the Nature's Potion, Fire Potion, and any others that are possible to be made. I'll farm what I can as I can use them for our runs, and any run I go on with SGA. This way I'll also already have them and you won't need to distribute them to me. :)

I can only make the nature potion. I believe that Sheri is in the same situation on Ambryana.

I think that Ryer can make all of the greater potions.
Mike can make fire on... Angusog, I think.

I'll mail the mats list in game as well, but here is what I know - Each potion requires the following:
1 Crystal Vial
1 Dreamfoil
1 Elemental (Nature=Earth; Fire=Fire; Frost=Water)

IIRC, Arcane requires the vial, dreamfoil, and 1 Dream Dust. Shadow requires the vial, dreamfoil, and a Shadow Oil

Greater Fire Protection Potion takes

Dreamfoil x 1
Elemental Fire x1
Crystal Vial x 1

and yes, Ryer can make all the greater protection pots except for Frost (still looking for a good price on that one)

Ryer can also transmute 1 Heart of Fire into 3 Elemental Fires for the fire pots.

Deltara has an extra stack of Dreamfoil lying around in the bank from my herbalist days. Who would get the most use out of that for these prot pots?
I'll be back on this weekend sometime, so post here or mail me in game and I'll send it out then.

Send them to Ryer, we can also use them for our uBRS runs. We had two wipes on Drakk completely related to his conflag fire damage. Thankfully we had our tank suck one back in the 3rd attempt and watched Drakk bite the big one.

Sorry I'm late getting to this, but I said I'd post it, so here it is..

Bijous were distributed to: Ambryana, Izee of ApocTortoise, Kirjath, Durruck, Meshach, Angusog, Seleleth, Grymorgan

Bloodvine went to: Seleleth, Ambryana, Durruck (herb'ist bonus)

Soldarite went to: Outlawcow of AnI (miner's bonus)

Sorry for the delay.

Back