ZA After Action Report

Plankeye

With two teams going in last night, might be useful to go over what worked and what didn't work for the bosses and mobs encountered.

The most notable thing is, d'em burs hert. And 2 d'em burs hert lot. I looked at grim reaper several times and they were hitting over 5k at times (non crit / non crush). I read up on some strats and it is a good idea to separate the bear riders because their shout buffs/debuffs stack. So no AOE pally tanking bears and their riders. A bear and and add can be tanked but not two bears.

With as hard as the mobs were hitting, full heals are preferred over lighter heals. When the mobs are hitting for 5k on fully Karazhan geared tanks, 1-2K Flash heals and HoTs did not appear to be keeping up.

Why can't I hit the mobs? CC or designated totem killers are a must for the shammies. We found that out the hard way.

I can't remember which one of the adds it was but it was the pack right before the Bear boss and it was fearable which made it much easier as our particular group did not have a mage but had two warlocks and two priests.

Ardent Defender is a must have for tankadins in ZA It saved my life several times now that it kicks in for me around 7k health.

How many healers did yall have in there because we had 4 healers and we really did not have many problems cept for the time when where died on the bear boss but that is because our buffs ran out at the wrong time.

The Totem you where talking about is the Totem of Protection.

From things that I have been reading is 4 healers makes things really easy but hurts DPS on some of the bosses. If you have 3 well geared healers you can do the instance just fine.

It is a Learning Process and one of the things that will help with the instance is CC. btw there is a part in the zone with scouts that a Druid saves the run because the scouts come out and head ring a gong if they do they summon two elites. Druid can root them and a rogue can stun but that is it. also the scouts respawn every 2-3 minutes.

There were a few times where we should have wiped on the gauntlets but having that extra healer made it easier for us to survive. We only wiped once on trash and a few times learning the bosses.

Yea the scout part we did just fine had me concusion blow it and where pally stun ftw but we ended up getting an extra group and wiped.

The totems of immunity, if you get two healers in a group, these things will make your life miserable. Reports from family and friends last night was to MC a healer if you get two healers in one of them trash so the totems of making everything immune become trivial.

Our group had 4 healers and all extremely strong healers at that will the full gambit of raiding experience and gear that goes along with that.

Our group worked really well at consistantly moving and I think we could do better to move faster. It felt to me we were dragging our feet at times, I think that chalked up to just first time experiencing the instance. I know we were running into healers running out of mana because of it. BUT, I think things would've been alot worse if it were not for the buffs to priests mana regen.

I noticed as a healer, trash doesn't seem to hit to hard 1 on 1, but if you get a few on you, watch out, its going to hurt. I think healers can safely put downranked flash and gheals on their toolbar for trash. I use Gheal rank one alot which heals for 2.5 to 3k and crits upto 4 - 5k and it suffices 7 times out of 10, and given that it only costs me 100 net mana (315 cost less 115 avg mana regen during cast time), I can spam hundreds of them before I go oom. It means that as a fight drags on, I'll have a hefty reserve of mana to buckle down and bring out the big guns if needed. It also means I can outlast the gauntlets without worrying about drinking.

Yeah we tanked the bears split up and all went well, also CC'd as much as possible, we had 1 mage and 1 warlock(chain fearing) and still AOE tanked a lot, especially on the scouts getting to the gong and on the birds heading for the bird boss. It was definitely fun!

There were a few times where we should have wiped on the gauntlets but having that extra healer made it easier for us to survive. We only wiped once on trash and a few times learning the bosses.

We'll completely disavow the part when Nevi was trying to

CLICK!

And instead went

/cast Fireball (my hotkey is bound to 2)
CLICK!

and "AHH!! GUYS, THAT WAS MY FAULT!! AHH!! NOOO!! AHHH!!"

i believe that's a direct quote

/cast Fireball (my hotkey is bound to 2)

I remember the fireball shooting at the boss and saying to myself "huh..." I thought i dozed off when Quantam or Angry was explaining some new idea for the pull.

Talking about 4 Healers.... In my mind if you don't have 3 really good geared Healers you have to go into the instance with 4 healers. Last night we could not get past the last boss because our Healing power was not high enough.

lol, Anger the healers will you? Your VE doesn't heal you for that much...

:D

Last edited:
Insane Jan'alai Strategy:

1 Warrior/Druid tank on boss.
3 Healers
1 Prot paladin

1) Kill all hatchers.
2) Avoid bombs.
3) DPS Jan'alai to 35%
4) Stack up on the paladin when the Dragonhawks spawn.
5) Righteous Fury Consecrate/heal tank for about 20-25 seconds.
6) Horrendous AOE attack.
7) DPS Jan'alai to 0%.
8) Loot epics.

Insane Jan'alai Strategy:

1 Warrior/Druid tank on boss.
3 Healers
1 Prot paladin

1) Kill all hatchers.
2) Avoid bombs.
3) DPS Jan'alai to 35%
4) Stack up on the paladin when the Dragonhawks spawn.
5) Righteous Fury Consecrate/heal tank for about 20-25 seconds.
6) Horrendous AOE attack.
7) DPS Jan'alai to 0%.
8) Loot epics.

That is insane, but nothing like you not being insane, mr. I'll tank all adds on razorgor, just heal the snot out of me at 60 nevermind at 70. I think this is nearly entirely possible as the tank doesn't take too much damage and if everybody and i mean ya'll who can breath, get out of the way of the bombs and we have a Pally tank to grab the adds.

That being said, we did get him to 32% and had we had a backup pally tank (read Wheretoo or Sandric) with us, we would've had him.

Back