Ya know its funny how liittle

I think for the most part we all take this pretty lightly, and have fun with it.

Shark I was actually looking at that verse last week, and in context, the verse says he who DECEIVES his neighbor. Now we can argue semantics, but I don't think we're decieving each other. I truly believe this is a friendly rivalry and we all have fun with it.

If someone is offended however, then we are clearing wrong, as the Word tells us not to put a stumblingblock or occasion to fall in his brothers way. Since I can't tell who's getting offended and who's just having fun with me, I am gonna stop with the smack... except with Izip and others who I know in real life of course
smile.gif

The only thing that I can honestly say offends me is the name calling.

Mt 5:22
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

After the complaint Elite got today we should all examine our own conduct, not defensively or trying to justify anything, but taking responsibility and truly seeing if anything we say or do could cause someone else to stumble...

i am the keeper of points and thus give exodus 50 points for that well thought out exactly correct response

rgr. As for A scrimming the other teams... if you want to be part of the saturday afternoon rotation then please email me and let me know (elite/para?)... should the 3 teams be constructed as well as the a team then there can be two different teams playing on a rota basis each saturday. I think that would definitely ease the pressure off the teams and make it run smoother.

On some level when we insult people we mean it, we couldnt be saying it if we didnt mean it just alittle bit. I've thought about it alot, and we may think that when we insult eachother that were just joking, but, at least in my mind, somewhere in there is an actual belief somewhere around the thought of it just being a joke that thinks its really true. Not intentional but its there as a result. At first you don't really realize that you kind of believe something like "I've seen blind pokemon with more 1337 skillz". But if you really think about it, what even gave birth to that thought that you turned into a joke in the first place? Why would we just randomly insult people like that? Do we go to the supermarket and randomly yell, "Noob, owned j00 and your stupidness!" So I'd say that smack talk is deceptive, and that verse would apply. This is just aside of the fact though that in my career of trash talk nobody has ever not taken offense, and many have let me know it.

I agree with Exodus' senitment. Often times I'll joke with someone I don't know and then have to explain that I was joking, and I need to be more careful of that. But, by the same token, I dont' think there's anything wrong with joking with some of my better friends such as Exodus/Lith so long as they realize it's a joke and aren't offended by it (as Exodus said).

Back