WTB A Raid Calendar...PST!!

It would be nice to use, but I also share the same thoughts as some of the others about people not wanting to download it.

Also, I don't know how good it would be to become completely dependent on an add on that some random person maintains. Sure they've kept it going for this long, but you never know when he could just stop and leave guilds hanging out to dry.

Not to mention the fact that people probably wouldn't be as willing to come read the forums.. and that makes me feel lonely :(

Out of curiosity, what's behind the reluctance to download it? It's been around for as long as I can remember and as of yesterday was updated again. Not to mention, if you're in a raid, you *are* required to have mods to manage threat and so forth - so wouldn't the same thought apply there? :) If you don't want to be in a raid...you don't need those mods...I'm just promoting giving this one an attempt to attain that status by people giving it a focused effort.

In the past I never liked it... but I'll look at it, If I think it's good, I have no problem making it a Req for my team.

What didn't you like about it? I'm definitely interested in hearing the reasons people don't like things :)

Also...this can't be a single team specific mod - this is one that's pretty all-encompassing.

It took about 30 minutes but I got the phpRaid site updated to the latest version which supports TBC character levels and the addition of shamans to the alliance. I even went ahead and created a quick raid.

http://www.toj.cc/wow/information/instances/index.php

Advantages are no mod to install and maintain. Driven by a browser so you do not need to be in game to sign up or cancel. Raid leaders and raid members have clear visibility on available raiders, raids and times. Win win for everyone in my book.

I would also add that this is something we can possibly, with a bit of effort, work out an integration point between this and the website so that you can at least see the events and who's going.

Waiting for approval so I can list toon

I'll have to change that message (not my code as mine never has errors, it just doesn't work), you are already approved and assigned with default access once you registered. For whatever reason, maybe in some past version there was an approval process. When you login you should see profile in your menu.

Out of curiosity, what's behind the reluctance to download it? It's been around for as long as I can remember and as of yesterday was updated again. Not to mention, if you're in a raid, you *are* required to have mods to manage threat and so forth - so wouldn't the same thought apply there? :) If you don't want to be in a raid...you don't need those mods...I'm just promoting giving this one an attempt to attain that status by people giving it a focused effort.

It's not that I'd be reluctant to download it. I'm pretty good at getting things to work so leaning how to use it wouldn't be that hard for me. I'm just saying there's probably some people who play with as few mods as possible and don't exactly have that much knowhow when it comes to getting it to work, updating it, fixing small errors, ect. so some people might get frustrated and not end up using it.

I'm a pretty mod-stupid person. It took me hours to set mine up the way I like it. And group calender would probably clash with something I already have... :D.

I'm the kind of person that needs a routine. If every Monday and Friday we raid, then eventually (maybe a week's time) I will get into the routine of getting on Osirys and not Oddbob.

I don't see why people would be reluctant to download the mod, but on the other hand; I don't see a reason for it either. I personally don't see it as being necessary.

Personally, I love GC. It adds an analog clock to your minimap that flashes to let you know there is something important to look at, and all you have to do is click the clock to open up the caledar. This is one of the simplest addons I've ever downloaded, so mod-stupidity is not a problem with this one. :)

as long as everyone has it setup the same, I assume we are still using the guild data channel and making sure its set to the lowest minimum rank?

Back