Would I offend...?

Alias

Ive been looking up to find what i can dual wield with my hunter, and Im interested in Dal'Rend's arms http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/itemset.html?setid=41 and the discussion suggests that a lot of ppl were offended when hunter's rolled on them. Ive heard bone slicing hatchet is a good option for hunters, but right now im sword trained, and the hatchets...been done... by lots of ppl...
So, basically, Im asking (1) decent option for DPS?
(2) anyone be shocked/offended if I roll for them?

I would strongly caution you on that option. If you are planning on pvping AND spec'ing survival then those two are great options. If you are planning on doing instances and end game, go marksman which means you'll want two bone slicing hatchets.

I agree with Adam, those are really only useful if you are survival specced, and melee a lot, elsewise you are best with items that give you more agility. IMO, hunter's really shouldn't focus on melee though. That's not their strength, but at times it is what you have to do.

but if i get both those swords, theres +50 range and melee attack power. i wouldnt use just one of them alone.
2x bone slicing hatchet = +26 agi = +26 range attack power (i think thats the relation)

the +15 agi on either one is still +30 agi either way...

so as far as dps goes he swords seem better even for range attack... i do lose the +agi for dodge
but it gives +100 armor to help me stay alive...

Actually your numbers are off but instead of me explaining it all and confusing you. Read this as it is one of the best sources of information regarding builds and equipment for us hunters.

ah - that clarifies. i had heard somewhere the 1/1 ratio for agi/range ap but i guess not 2/1 is better! :) so bone slicing hatchet eh... strat drop right? ill need to get on that

Back