Worlds, and the end there of.

toj-Grey

---
Galactus is up in our server, he's eating up the spare worlds; Ancient, Beta, and later on, Delta for dessert.

He'll be back to nom-om-nom up Gamma methinks when 1.8 ( aka Adventure Update ) comes out.

So when the time comes to exodus from gamma to the new world, be sure to PM Gator-Missile/Ben to come by and move your house to your new world plot of land.
(Each player is only allotted one structure that is at maximum 64 x 64, no weird underground snaking tunnels X_X, it is a pain to transport, square buildings are preferred.)
----
Reasons Why.

Ancient is an minecraft alpha map, pre-working mobs, health, sandstone, new trees.
Beta has problems with its weather since it is a pre-weather map.
Delta has been 85% explored already, 50% mined, and has had some people try to climb over the border-walls.

Time Till Destruction.

Aged Anna and Blizzard Betty (as I call them) will be deleted in about three days, with Desolate Deli most-likely following in a week after that.
So take screenshots of some of the cool things you like in those worlds or do some mining while you can.
---
TL;DR: We are taking down the old maps, get any buildings ready for transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew this day would one day come, at least the end of our current world. But the start of a new one I didn't expect and it's one I actually like and support. It's a good decision, and while old worlds will be remembered, this move is really for the best if we want to play this game to the fullest.

As such, I have two requests if at all possible, one of which I had been wanting to ask for a while now.

First request, of course, is the building. You say one building? If at all possible, I would like my home transferred, just from the ground up. Everything below ground can be easily redug.

Second request may be one other's have interest in too. Would there be any way to obtain the server save for ourselves, something we can save locally on our own computers? That way, we can still visit the old worlds in our own way, and relive memories or maybe still get some personal enjoyment with some personal projects we've all fallen for.

Just some thoughts, but no matter what, I think this decision is for the best. Sorry for those who *just* got into the server and just got settled. But don't worry, we intend for you all to enjoy the game to the fullest, both in fellowship and in fun!

This post, I direct to everyone else. I made it separate to avoid making just a giant wall of text.

Let's go ahead and get some screenshots or videos of our places, of our projects, or even just of our favorite spots and let's put them up maybe on a separate thread. It could be a memory thread or a museum thread. In any case, now is a chance to show off what you have for the last time.

I still have one more unprocessed video I made of abea's project and of my ark that I'll put up. I may do another at anyone's request.

I had just finished making the preliminary tunnels for my underground fortress, huge bummer. Now I'll have to go and claim the best mountain again before anyone else gets to it. :cool:

It will still be awhile before Gamma is gone though, I hear 1.8 will be out around August,could be a rumor though..

EDIT:I'll post the world's save soon.

Last edited:
I'm cool with the new world - but Herod's temple is more than 64 x 64 *cries*

I guess I can rebuild the platform if we can take the inner court part. Maybe an admin would lend a hand in rebuilding the platform part of it *begs*.

No house I want to take.

I'll probably only be interested in moving my synagogue - my "house" is dug out of a mountain, so it doesn't meet the requirements for a move. :)

Sad to say

Sad to say, but I -Know- I am am speaking for all of the ISF group on the minecraft server when I say that we think this is getting annoying. Time after time we build and rebuild and then our worlds are destroyed. We make out structures and make our mark, and then you wipe it all off. The City of Siamo, New Siamo, Lucas's church, the Time Keeper Temple, My home under the mountain. The Undercity, everything we make is destroyed. We're getting tired of it, so, me and the rest of the ISF group may be leaving for a new, ISF and friends only server, or the Alternate History Minecraft sever, if not, we'll probably be going over to play Terraria. I don't know, I'm not Lucas. But I know that we are getting sick of this.

-Sir Topum Hat / AKA / Swordoffire.

The people have spoken!

Most players want to keep Gamma even though it won't be a 1.8 map (meaning less features).

Beta map still has a few people packing, so for another day or two it will remain up.

I'll have to log on and squirrel or is that Gerbil away some of my old treasure from beta before the boom.

OK I packed most of my stuff into my store room and if you could move and chuck it somewhere that is not getting deleted (don't have anything built off of the beta map so put it wherever) for later Gator. I don't care about the store room itself but I've got so much stuff I figure if I play again after the adventure update I could use it. None of it is really valuable it's just a lot of materials. I'll send you a pm with it's location.

Last edited:
Coolness :) I've already talked to you in-game about my plans for the move... but yea, even if we keep Gama I think I'd prefer to move into a new world, personally, cuz I like the idea of there being more of a point to the game, and I love randomly exploring new territory anyway just to see what's out there. 1.8 is a world of possibilities. :) (Hmm... "Possibilities"... Possible new world name? xD)

Ok, so I have everything from Beta already.

I can't find my place on Delta anymore but doesn't matter, only had one chest of very little stuff, not big loss.

And gamma? Well hmmm, I'll just move my boxes of stuff up to Herods temple. I'd like to have the temple moved to the new world. No other attachments to the current world. My house is glass - so yeah, won't be collecting much from it. And it's a mess down there anyway. I like the adventure of a new world - regardless of updates etc.

Personally, I think a new world would be fun. I'm not that attached to anything I currently have, and I have the most fun building and exploring...rebuilding is just another challenge. :)

Wunderbar!

Much better Grey, you've made alot of people happy. Minecraft is about building, features could matter less. ^_^

Sure thing Wolfeman. That is a bit odd of you to say though, so now i'm curious as to what that 75 x 10 plot will look like.

Last edited:
Moving

I have 2 chests I would like moved to the new world. They are right next to Soka7's building Thats all at the moment. I might add another chest or 2 if I find some more cool stuff. Thanks.

Hey M. Over at my house, I have 2 empty chests downstairs next to the kitchen. (one has a little netherrack in it) Go ahead and put your stuff in there. That way, it gets moved over when my house does. And if you add more chests in the downstairs living room for more stuff, that's fine too M.

I have other empty chests in the second floor bedrooms if anyone else wants to use them for transporting stuff too. I'll just label the bedroom as yours until the move if you want to reserve them. The only thing I have in those is a bible (just a book) in each, and I think Abea's sword is still in one.

Last edited:
was on vacation

I was on vacation when all this happened. Im not happy that there was not more time given. I had many stacks of diamonds in my chest in delta. I would have liked to get a chance to move all my stuff out of my chest into my inventory. because of this issue I wont be playing on ur server anymore. thanks

Back