World of Warcraft Movie

Fatkid

Woot, talks of a Warcraft movie with Sam Raimi. If they made it look like Avatar, it would be the bomb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/board/thread/143727587

My perfect cast:
Arthas – Brad Pitt
Illidan - Hugh Jackman
Jaina Proudmoore – Scarlett Johansson
Uther – Sean Connery
The Prophet – Robin Williams
Thrall - Vin Diesel – “Loktar”
Kael'Thas Sunstrider – Leonardo Dicaprio
Kel'thuzad - Bruce Campbell
Sylvanas Windrunner – Helena Bonham Carter
Malfurion Stormrage – Edward Norton
Tyrande Whisperwind – Kiera Knightly
Lady Vashj – Megan Fox

High Tinker Mekkatorque – Verne Troyer (Mini-Me from Austin Powers)
King Anduin Wyrnn – Christian Bale
Anduin Wyrnn – Jaden Smith (Will Smith’s kid… LOL)
Cairne Bloodhoof – Michael Clarke Duncan
King Magni Bronzebeard – Kevin James
Muradin – Seth Rogan
Maelganis – The Rock
Lady Katrana Prestor/Onyxia – Angelina Jolie
Warden Maiev Shadowsong – Heather Graham
Vol’Jin – Jamie Foxx
Medivh – Liam Nisson

Who would you go with? =)

I'm pretty sure I've already decided to refuse to see it. I get the distinct impression that it'll be filled with all the things that make me cough and lower my voice when I tell people I play wow, and, thus, make me want to never play again.

woot, kid sighting!

I'm pretty sure I've already decided to refuse to see it. I get the distinct impression that it'll be filled with all the things that make me cough and lower my voice when I tell people I play wow, and, thus, make me want to never play again.

haha! no kiddin.

Heya Good. :)

Boy, tough crowd, guess not too many ppl like movies here. Lots of ppl liked Avatar here, so I thought there would be more interest. But yeah, heard there's some red tape on this project too, so who knows if it will actually be completed.

BTW: Phanom, if Megan Fox gets cast, I won't be looking at her thumbs. :rolleyes:

If I remember right it was supposed to originally be ready for production by 2008.... If we see this in 2012 I'd be surprised lol.

It's not that I don't dig movies, it's just that I fear Blizz is going to go for cheap, money-making tactics that will make the game and its environment look all the more laughable to the normal world (the sooner they remove Blood Elves and Death Knights from this game completely, the sooner I can play it without hiding my face)

there are 2 general directions I see this going, and I don't like either one. A) it becomes Fast and the Medieval, based around explosions, dragons, and special effects with minimal plot, or B) it becomes Lord of the Star-Icecrown-Trek-scifi-ridiculous....thing

EDIT: I guess what I'm getting at is that I think it'll be aimed towards the audience with characters named "Stabbymcstab" or "Sephigetapwns"

Last edited:
It's not that I don't dig movies, it's just that I fear Blizz is going to go for cheap, money-making tactics that will make the game and its environment look all the more laughable to the normal world (the sooner they remove Blood Elves and Death Knights from this game completely, the sooner I can play it without hiding my face)

there are 2 general directions I see this going, and I don't like either one. A) it becomes Fast and the Medieval, based around explosions, dragons, and special effects with minimal plot, or B) it becomes Lord of the Star-Icecrown-Trek-scifi-ridiculous....thing

EDIT: I guess what I'm getting at is that I think it'll be aimed towards the audience with characters named "Stabbymcstab" or "Sephigetapwns"

Have you even seen any of the recent sci-fi or fantasy films? They're not at all like that. Most, granted not all, are based on a rich story or deep philosophical arguments.

I'm sure they will make it in such a way that the most people will want to go see it in order to make money.

Have you even seen any of the recent sci-fi or fantasy films? They're not at all like that. Most, granted not all, are based on a rich story or deep philosophical arguments.

I have not seen Avatar, which is apparently the big, recent standout, but the most popular sci-fi series over the past few years are all horrendous in my opinion (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Twilight [/puke]). I'd rather pick fleas out of a dog's fur than watch any of those movies.

And just to clarify, I don't have anything against people who dig a certain type of movie or whatnot. It's just not my thing.

I have not seen Avatar, which is apparently the big, recent standout, but the most popular sci-fi series over the past few years are all horrendous in my opinion (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Twilight [/puke]). I'd rather pick fleas out of a dog's fur than watch any of those movies.

And just to clarify, I don't have anything against people who dig a certain type of movie or whatnot. It's just not my thing.

What sci-fi's or fantasies do you like, if any?

What sci-fi's or fantasies do you like, if any?

I dig the general Star Wars series, I enjoyed the movie sequel to FFVII (granted, that's probably skewed by sentimental value), I've never watched any Star Trek, but it seems like something I could enjoy. I dunno, I hadn't really thought about it in those terms. I was never much into stuff like comic books as a kid, and have never understood the american obsession with the superhero...if that's related

The environment for Avatar was pretty amazing; the alien world reminded me alot like the Nite Elf world actually. That's why I said if they made it look like Avatar, it would be the bomb. I loved LoTR too, I'd be happy if it looked like that as well. Special effects/CGI will play a major role in making a movie like this successful for sure. Heck, I would love a World of Warcraft movie/TV series that looks like the intro videos from each of the games/expansions. Just get my ultimate cast to do the voices. :)

I'm not blasphemous, Flame! lol I'm not a Tolkien fan (I don't want to get into the reasons) and the movies just reminded me of the old Dragonball Z show I watched when I was like, 10. 20 minutes of standing, walking, staring, breathing, silence...2 minutes of actually doing something, followed by another 20 minutes of walking. I guess that's what "drama" is all about, but it's just never worked for me.

EDIT: Amazing Typo

Ok, two bits of info on the wow movie...

My ex wife's cousin works for one of the biggest special effects houses in Hollywood. He's a project manager for the company. (Rick Baker is the owner) Her cousin designed and made the grinches fingers and toes for Jim Carey and he made and designed the mouths for the apes that talked in Planet of the Apes. He does lots of stuff like that.

They are making parts for a WoW movie. I don't know what or anything else I just know they are submitting stuff for approval to Blizzard.

number 2... last year they had auditions for it. they weren't open auditions, you had to have a manager that they contacted or be a member of an agency they contacted. Auditions were by invitation only. I know someone that auditioned for a part.

Back