Why Macs are better than PC's

I still like the build quality on apple hardware, dell laptops fall apart. Plus the apple laptops tend to be much thinner compared with any other company at the same specs.

Not to mention the faulty thermal paste on some of the Macbook Pros. My brother got one and we measured it with a thermometer once. The surface where your wrists rest when you type was 106 degrees and the underside was 131.

vibrokatana said:
I still like the build quality on apple hardware, dell laptops fall apart. Plus the apple laptops tend to be much thinner compared with any other company at the same specs.

eh? My dad has had his for over a year and nothing has changed

the thermal problems were from the idiots who assimbled it, they accutually applied 10x the amount you should, er, most people place on cpus.

windows users just feel pitiful when they hear about mac, they try to come up with a whole bunch of trash just so they can try to pitifuly defend themselves.

Windows users, please try something that doesnt have over a million viruses specifically made for it...

vibrokatana said:
windows users just feel pitiful when they hear about mac, they try to come up with a whole bunch of trash just so they can try to pitifuly defend themselves.

Windows users, please try something that doesnt have over a million viruses specifically made for it...

There would be millions of viruses made for it, if more people used them. Its a waste of a virus writers time to write a viruse for a Mac when millions of people use PCs.

The Unix architecture makes writing a effective virus for a mac very hard, the handful (thats right you can count the viruses on one hand) of viruses are pitiful. The user system is superior to windows in many ways. I work with unix based systems as my primary os(gentoo on my desktop, osx laptop) and I can safely say that you cannot break into my systems. with windows however it is a different story, as i know that the install will go bezerk after a few months.

I just reinstalled windoz the other day because out of the blue it decided it didnt like its networking portion and would lock it up or not even start it. I personally love unix systems because if something goes wrong, atleast i know that I will beable to fix it. Windoz in general tends to like what it does (uses a driver that doesnt even work, and refuses to switch to one that would for example).

Unix based systems are more stable, need to be rebooted less often(oracle 10g gentoo based server has been up for 4 months straight)(only needs reboot if you upgrade the kernel). And in general will process the same code faster.

The argument "if more people used..." is inaccurate because programming viruses for unix based systems are a pain to exploit, the simple fact is that microsoft creates more security exploits then any other company i know of...

Name 1 microsoft program that hasnt been exploited in some way.

SirThom said:
Windows users: please watch this video and make your own conclusions. =D

That guy's just crazy. He has to have an assistant with him at work because he'll go on rampages were he starts to fire people left and right.

Back