whats the point

noname

I'm half pissed and half dont care about this but i just wanna ask.

people say that if you sign up on the website you get priority on raid invites.. but then you dont get invited..

i know why it happens. i just need to voice it.

I guess I should answer this because I was the one inviting at the end.

If you sign up on the PHP site it gives you priority in the raid issue was we had 26 people sign up for the raid last night. When it came time to roll DPS I took the people from the sign up and compared it to the Wait list. Then I Rolled those people only.

This is how the invites went after the people of raider rank where invited. Signing up on the php site does not say you get in the raid automaticly. Your Odds are better if you have raider Rank.

BTW I had 7 people on the WL after the Raid was full.

Please Refer to the REDEEMED RAIDING POLICY

25 Man Selection Process

The 25 man raid teams will be selected in the following manner:

Non-Farm Bosses (i.e. Progression Bosses)

* Raid is announced over Guild Chat and the officer with whom you should send your 'WL ADD' to.

* Members that have the Raider rank will receive priority over Members
* Raider members that have signed up on the PhP site will receive priority over those that haven't
* If all 25 spots are not full, Members will be invited (priority going to those that have signed up on the PhP site)
* If at any point, more than 25 attendees are present and online, slots will be randomed for. If a member is added by a /random roll, they will receive secondary priority on /random rolls on the the next attempt on the same boss / instance. This is in order to maximize the number of people that get to see that when we have a surplus of people available for raids.

Mordos has been asking over on http://www.redeemedonstonemaul.org/forums/ for his hunters to roll call and try to figure out who the raiders are.

when you said:

"When it came time to roll DPS I took the people from the sign up and compared it to the Wait list. Then I Rolled those people only."

does that mean Masta was the only one signed up on the website that didnt get in and no DPS that wasnt signed up on the website got in?

Masta was on the WL and the PHP page but I had a bunch of DPS that was not of raiding Rank that was both on the WL and the PHP page. I then rolled those people in. Masta was unlucky this week sorry about that but we had more people than we had open lots.

does raiding rank have priority over non raiders even if the Raider didnt sign up? I read the guideline to be signups are priority and raiders that signed up are first priority, IE 10 dps spots open, 11 dps signed up, 6 are Raiders, they git invites and 5 people for 4 slots gets random rolled? Im not arguing I am just curious how it works:) or does a Raider who doesnt sign up still get priority over non raiders that did sign up?

snipped, I think I understand what Ug was saying and in the interest of not creating drama, I withdraw what I said.

Last edited:
does raiding rank have priority over non raiders even if the Raider didnt sign up? I read the guideline to be signups are priority and raiders that signed up are first priority, IE 10 dps spots open, 11 dps signed up, 6 are Raiders, they git invites and 5 people for 4 slots gets random rolled? Im not arguing I am just curious how it works:) or does a Raider who doesnt sign up still get priority over non raiders that did sign up?

Raiders get priority until a boss is on farm status

Farmed Bosses

All members that have signed up on the PhP site will receive priority over those that haven't, no matter if they are a Raider or Member

If at any point, more than 25 attendees are present and online, slots will be randomed for. If a member is added by a /random roll, then they will be ineligible to be considered on the next attempt on the same boss / instance until all members that did not make the last raid due to not being /random in; this is in place to let others have a chance at the content.

Non-Farm Bosses (i.e. Progression Bosses)

Raid is announced over Guild Chat and the officer with whom you should send your 'WL ADD' to.
Members that have the Raider rank will receive priority over Members

Raider members that have signed up on the PhP site will receive priority over those that haven't

If all 25 spots are not full, Members will be invited (priority going to those that have signed up on the PhP site)

ok, so "Raider" classification is priority on progression bosses, that is until they are considered on farm. And on farm is considered when we are able to take the boss down in two or less tries on three consecutive weeks. Ok, silly question, is it considered an attempt when a pull is initiated when communication is misunderstood? Or, because of sonme random factor a pull is set up wrong?

For example, somebody running behind VR pulls VR. Is this an attempt or a mishap?

me being to lazy to try to find out for myself, i'll ask here :D

what does it take to get "raider" status? (rank, whatever)

so if im raider rank and wander in on friday and ask for a spot you would bump a "member" tank that signed up so I could go? :p

and i have asked for help in gchat b4 and gotten no response ive forgotten my password on the php site and have yet to find a way to retrieve so if any1 is a moderator for the site could pm it to me that would be amazing!

and i have asked for help in gchat b4 and gotten no response ive forgotten my password on the php site and have yet to find a way to retrieve so if any1 is a moderator for the site could pm it to me that would be amazing!

sandric can reset it for you...talk to him

so if im raider rank and wander in on friday and ask for a spot you would bump a "member" tank that signed up so I could go? :p

Progression night:
If the group is doing fine, the intent would be to keep the group together. But if the group stalls because the "member" tank doesn't have the gear\experience for the fight, then the "member" tank is replaced for the "raider" tank after some failed attempts, but not before.

Non Progression night (farm night):
S/he who signs up on the PHP site get priority. If there are more tanks signed up then required, the tanking positions are filled via /roll. Title means nothing on farming night.

I think the key to the PhP site is for everybody to use it as a means of communication: Signing up = commitment to show up. If you are a raider and sign up and don't show up, I think loss of "raider" status is a fitting consequence.

If you do not sign up, you are telling people, you aren't available for the raid that night and should not be counted on for showing up. If your plans change and you can make it, go to the PhP site and sign up. It's a very rare occasion where plans change 5 minutes before a raid.

If you don't sign up because you are too lazy to sign up and show up expecting a spot, well, being lazy is not an excuse to be gauranteed a spot. If 26 other people can take 34 seconds to signup, so can you, no spot for you, too bad so sad. A person who is too lazy to sign up is a person to lazy to raid.

All text in blue is simple my opinion.

FYI: We do not have anyone except HKM on Farm (Gruul and VR are close) and sense HKM is Gruuls Lair I invite as progression... Now in the next couple weeks I hope this will change and pHp take priority for Fridays.

Back