What's the best console game ever?

iamscott

I have decided to take up a huge undertaking. Write Console.ccgr.org's 100 Best Games. Not an easy task. So, I'm gonna start at the best place. This forum. Please write what your best game is. It has to be for console. After this, I'm going to take the five best games, and make a poll right here. The top game will get honors. This topic, started on May 5, 2003, will end on May 15, 2003. That's ten days. So, write out the best console* game, why it should be the best, and submit it. Thanks.

*Console: one of these game systems: Atari 2600, NES, Gameboy, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Gamegear, Super NES, Sega 32x(add-on to Saturn), Sega CD, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, PS1, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, PS2, Gamecube, XBox, game.com, Neo Geo (basically any system excluding the PC and arcade.)

I enjoyed the Dragon Warrior series, Crystalis, Super Mario 1 & 3, Zelda and Big Nose the caveman

So many great games have come along that it makes this a hard choice but I would have to say (imho) Zelda:A Link To The Past (for the SNES) was the best
smile.gif

I took a little longer than I expected to get some more comments, so I'm going to extend the ending of this to somewhere in the middle of June or July. C'mon guys. I need some help with this.

the first zelda game, the first mario bros., contra, final fantasy 6, goldeneye (for the n64), final fantasy 7, tecmo superbowl, paperboy, zelda 64 (the ocarina of time)

i think that's a good starting list ^_^

My votes are for:

Super Mario Brothers (NES)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Metroid (NES)
Dragon Warrior (NES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Zelda 3 (SNES)
Mario Kart (SNES)
Mario 64 (N64)
Street Fighter series (it's had games on pretty much every console)
Goldeneye (N64)
Halo (Xbox)
Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (iamscott @ May 28 2003,8:23)]It has to be in that order???
i posted the games in a somewhat chronological order of when they came out (with the exception of Street Fighter).  ;)

In order of favoritism....

Metroid Prime (GCN)
Halo (X)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (GCN)
Splinter Cell (X)
SSX Tricky (GCN)
The very first zelda (???)

-Tom

The very first Zelda came out on the NES. My personal favorites are:

Metroid Prime(GCN)
Star Fox Adventures(GCN)
Splinter Cell(GCN)
Link's Awakening(Game Boy)
007:Nightfire(GCN)

Here's a bit of a problem: I'm getting a new computer(EBay rules!), and the disc drive on my last computer, a Power PC 6100, does not work correctly. So, I have a bunch of ccgr docs, creative writing, blah blah, ect., on the computer, so I'm afraid that I may have to redo everything. Here's to hope!

1 game says it all FINAL FANTASY VII the greatest work by squaresoft and psx, awseome graphics,best storyline ive read next to fft, great magic system, ultimate battle system, game rating from 1-10, its a 100!!!!!!

Would someone please explain Final Fantasy to me? I've heard it's really good, but I've never palyed any of them. From what I've seen though, it looks incredibly strange, and I've heard that none of the episodes have anything to do with each other. Anyone care to shed some light?

final fantasy games is a serries of games, that were created by squaresoft, all of them have a simelar magic system (summons have the same names, and spells have same names) although each game has nothing to do with another, its a series of trusted rpgs, that have had the best story lines of any rpg ive ever played, my personal favorite is ff7, the greatest story line of all time. now above i mentioned magic and such, magic in a way in these games are just burly attacks with elements in theme, summons are like even burlyer elementel attacks. each game does have some odd themes like ff7 had some "planet energy" and "life stream" but other than that, thats the most junk in these games. fft (final fantasy tactics) is a tactic game which is fun as heck, and has a story line so complictated that ive had to play and beat it 3 times, and i hardly ever play a video game more than 1 time, and all final fantasy games ive played more than once. hope that helps u

[b said:
Quote[/b] (iamscott @ June 07 2003,1:03)]Here's a bit of a problem: I'm getting a new computer(EBay rules!), and the disc drive on my last computer, a Power PC 6100, does not work correctly. So, I have a bunch of ccgr docs, creative writing, blah blah, ect., on the computer, so I'm afraid that I may have to redo everything. Here's to hope!
What are the specs on your new computer? I can think of a couple of possible solutions to your problem.

Option 1:
If the new computer is also a mac and has a SCSI interface for the harddrive, you can put your old 250MB harddrive into the new machine as a slave drive and then copy the files from one drive to another.

Option 2:
If you have a network card in both machines, you can network them together and transfer the files.

Option 3:
If your old computer is connected to the internet, you can copy the files to a location on the web. Then connect your new computer to the internet and copy them from the internet to the new computer. (if its just text files, you may be able to email them as attached files)

Back