What to expect in 3.02 (other than talents.)

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
I wanted to make a post about the changes coming to classes in 3.02, but to avoid talent discussions and nitty-gritties. I mean to talk about spells and changes that will happen to all players of a class as soon as they download the patch. So here it is, things to look forward to:

Druids
- At level 12, druids get an out-of-combat rez.
- Barkskin will be able to be used in any form.
- Entangling Roots will be able to be used indoors.
- Bears and Cats will be able to use items in-form.
- Growl (the taunt) can now hit targets up to 20 yards away (Mind-flay type range.)
- Gift of the Wild now hits everyone in a raid.
- Swipe now hits an unlimited number of targets as long as they are in front of you.

Hunters
- Aspects now don't cast mana.
- Hunter's Mark will allow you to see the unit even when it stealths or becomes invisible.
- Misdirection has a reduced cooldown.
- Deterrence is not a talent anymore -- it's trainable.

Mages
- Arcane Brilliance affects the whole raid now.
- Blast Wave now has a knock-back effect.
- Arcane spells have had their mana cost reduced (on average.)

Paladin
- at level 66, we will get a Seal of Blood equivalent.
- The Paladin Seal system is being reworked. Now players will be able to use any seal they want, while judging either "Judgment of Justice," "Judgment of Wisdom," or "Judgment of Light." Judging each of these new Judgments will result in a damage amount (based on seal,) and a debuff with the same functionality as the judgments with the same name now. So, it would be possible to run Seal of Command and do good damage while keeping up Judgment of Wisdom.
- at level 24, Turn evil can be learned
- Avenging Wrath no longer causes forbearance and now buffs healing as well.
- Retribution has many changes that will hopefully result in real DPS.
- Blessing of Protection, Sacrifice, Salvation, and Freedom are now "Hand of" spells, which no longer dispel Blessings if you get hit by them.
- Hand of Salvation now reduces the threat of a target rather than giving a static threat reduction. It's basically a powerful, castable fade.

Priest
- at 70, a Mark of Divinity can be placed on a target, which causes 30% of your healing to also affect that target.
- Prayer of Fortitude affects the whole raid now.
- Holy Nova is now trainable, presumably at level 20
- Racial spells have been removed, but Symbol of Hope (now Hymn of Hope) and Devouring Plague are now standard spells.

Rogue
- Poisons are no longer crafted. Now they are bought from Poison vendors.
- at 20, Rogues learn Dismantle, a Disarm replacement that removes both weapons and shields from its target's hands.
- This is big: Rogue energy now ticks in at a rate of 1 energy per 0.1 seconds, rather than 20 energy per 2 seconds.
- Many rogue cooldowns have been reduced, and rogues' attacks have been changed to scale with attack power if they didn't before.

Shamans
- at level 16, Shamans will learn a new shock that stops enemy casting and reduces the Shaman's threat. Wind Shock, as it is called, does not deal any damage.
- at level 40, Shamans will learn a "Cleanse Spirit" ability, which removes poisons, diseases, and curses.
- at level 30, Shamans will learn to cast "Earthliving" on their weapons. This increases healing.
- at level 20, Shamans will be allowed to learn lesser versions of Water Shield.
- all Totems will last 5 minutes
- Totems will no longer be considered spells for the purpose of school interuption and will affect all raid members.
- Shaman Relics will now count as one of each of the shaman totem focus items.
- Flametongue weapon will now increase spell damage.
- Stoneclaw totem's health will scale with your health and it will protect other totems from damage.

Warlocks
- Corruption is now always instant cast.
- Drain Soul will now deal 4x normal damage on very damaged enemies.
- Doomguard summoning no longer kills people, although it really hurts them.
- Demons have had a bit of an overhaul.

Warriors
- at level 60, Bloodbath, an AOE bleed DOT that deals 4x damage to targets that are enraged.
- Recklessness, Shield Wall, and Retaliation no longer share cooldowns.
- Rend now actually scales with AP like it should.
- Thunderclap now hits an unlimited number of targets.
- Shouts now buff raids, not just parties.
- Protection abilities now produce more threat based on AP (like they should.)
- Taunt now has the same range as a Mind-flay.

These are the changes. I hope you are looking forward to them!

nice to see buffs being put out to the whole raid for shammies and AI/MotW etc...
apparently that has not been extended to auras for pally and TSA though :(

nice to see buffs being put out to the whole raid for shammies and AI/MotW etc...
apparently that has not been extended to auras for pally and TSA though :(

Hmm, here's an excerpt from the 3.02 PTR as it relates to Hunters and Paladdins:

Hunters
  • Improved Hunter's Mark (Marksmanship): Now a 3-point talent, and now increases the amount of attack power granted by your Hunter's Mark ability by 10/20/30% and reduces the mana cost of your Hunter's Mark ability by 33/66/100%. - This now looks worth of adding some points to.
  • Trueshot Aura - This aura is now raid-wide and now increases all ranged and melee attack power by 10%. In addition, this spell now only has one rank. All other ranks have been removed.

Paladins
  • Attack Power and Spell Power scaling on all Seals and Judgements other than Command and Blood has been reduced.
  • All Auras now affect all party and raid members within the area of effect.

Perhaps they are making changes to the final release of 3.02 vs. the PTR?

Hmm, with respect to the hunters mark....I have been known to play a hunter once in a while, and from what I remember, the hunters mark always allowed the hunter to see what he has marked. Its a defining feature of the mark. Would the change mean that ANYONE in the party could see the marked mob / player?

Eww, I just saw on the changelog that hamstring no longer causes damage. I used that as a cheap way to crit for deep wounds :(
And overpower only does weapon damage! :(

Arcane shot no longer removes a magic effect :(
Aimed shot is instant?
Gotta choose between bite and claw, can't have both :(
If you tame a beast more than 5 levels below you, it's level is increased to 5 levels below you, very nice
Looks like they changed kill command a lot, I'm not sure what it means

That's as much as I can tolerate right now, I'm afraid to look at the lock changes lol

Last edited:
Instant aimed shot is gonna be sweet for my shot rotation. Also, Silencing shot is now MUCH more effective for bosses. They are immune to silence but it will now interrupt the current cast and lock out that school for a bit. Suddenly useful for R & J, Shade and others.
I was just doing some spes last night, but for setting up my new pally bars things are gonna be WAY different.

Back