What os are you?

Linux girl huh?
cool.gif
I'm running XP Pro, but I've got a box that I'm going to use as a firewall. I'll be running Linux on that I'm pretty sure.

So what GUI do you use for it?

I like KDE for my windows manager. RedHat makes Gnome look good but KDE is far more mature.

XP Home -- works for me!

I have a few parts lying around, so I want to build a linux box and play around a bit......

this comp : Win2k Pro
new comp : WinXP Pro

I hate windows home editions.

I heard the Mandrake version of Linux was better.

I had a couple of good laughs at that quiz. I ended up with OS2 Warp. Then I took the test a second time answering in the funniest manner possible and I got Windows 95.

Currently I have XP Home, and I hate it. XP Pro is more advanced with a ton more options. Sometimes I just wish I could have the good ol' NT back
biggrin.gif

Amiga were the systems that ran
THE best graphics programs. You owe all your graphic capabilities to them. and in fact it wasn't until here recently (past 6 or 7 years) that they replaced the amigas with macs and then pc's in a number of animation shops.

Slackware Linux...I use OS X in real life though...I like the pretty icons.

The Amiga was bought by Commodore. It came out a little after the Commodore 64 in the mid-80's.

Check out a little history here: Commodore Amiga

The Commodore 64 did very well. I still have mine and all my magazines.
smile.gif
Unfortunately, I don't think the Amiga ever did very well. People seemed more drawn to the Atari.

Windows XP Home Edition.  A pretty stable OS overall, but patches downloaded via Windows Update causes several stability issues. Nothing to sweat over though.

Back