What do we need more of here?

Belegund

I have a lvl 60 pally over on Durotan that's pretty much been collecting dust since I hit 60 on him (back in like April of '06). I'm thinking of transferring him here and doing the grind to 70, but I'm undecided as to spec. Endgame do we need healers or tanks more in the guild? Which spec do the pallies here find more enjoyable? (leaving out ret since I already have a caster dps main and have no desire for a melee one)

Play what you Prefer (tm) but barring that I think we could use healers.

But Matt, Matt, Matt... Warriors are not a synonym for tanks :) We have a billion warriors but I still often here calls (by warriors) for tanks.

My pally is currently holy, and I have been toying with the idea of going prot...the tanking style seems fun, and even a little less stressful than healing. At least with tanking, you can see where the little buggers are going, you can't see a crit or crushing. =( All that said, There never seems to be a shortage of DPS, but healers and tanks are both needed. It's happened a few times recently that they are all already taken in instances before I even get on.

all i know we have about 10 tanks lined up to fill our 2 kara tank slots. and healers? we have zero healers lined up.. because so many classes can do dps, we usually can fill dps slots.. again my view is limited to 1 kara run who knows guild wide.

Last edited:
Me thinks I will begin leveling my shammy (Josiah) to be a healer - he is now a lvl 26 or so and for leveling is heavy in Enhancement. However I am beginning to add points in Resto so hopefully he will become a competent healer. Watch for him if you need him on a quest or instance.

Well I guess I'll be going healer again. It does seem like more often than not we're looking for one more healer before we start a raid whether it be a guild or sga run. I was a decent healer back in the day, but the class has been completely changed since last I played it so this should be interesting (pity my first few groups :rolleyes: )

I think that there will always seem to be a need for healers and tanks because they are the two positions that need to specifically be filled ONLY by tanks or healers. Every other spot can be filled with one of the multitudes of other dps classes. In fact we've even successfully done 5 mans with 2 (or more) tanks or 2 healers. I haven't been on a successfully completed run (where we were appropriate levels) without a tank AND a healer. Therefore those are the two classes who's absence will be noticed.

If our guild had no rogues or no mages, it wouldn't be as noticeable because their spots could be filled by warlocks, moonkins, kitties, hunters, blammies, slammies, dps pallies, dps warriors etc. However, if there were no healers (or the healers had severely restricted play schedules like me :) or if there were no tanks it would become very quickly apparent because lots of runs would never get off the ground, sga'ers would become your new best friends, or *gasp* we might have to go back to pugging runs.

What we need is an enhance shammy to run kara and stuff with my ret pally. I mean, ya healers and tanks...;)

I just hit 60 yesterday on my warrior. I'm gonna try get a 5-man group to run whatever instances are in my level range most evenings after 9pm. This will be mostly to get whatever group or dungeon quests people have done, but also so I can learn to tank.

Come join me, my victi.....guildmates!

As soon as I transfer my pally over, I'll hit you up for runs. With a new tank and a (relatively) new healer, at least the blame for wipes will be well distributed. :D

Well, I successfully tanked Ramps on Saturday, which greatly helped boost my confidence in tanking. The role is beginning to feel comfortable.

Just out of curiosity:

Can enhancement Shammies main heal in 10 mans? 25 mans?
Trying to pick among my priest, druid and shaman to level as my primary alt healbot.

Having a well geared elemental shaman and druid i would an Elem Shammy can back up heal without switching gear for any 5/10/25 man group, Its a waste of dps but many times you will save the group from a wipe when the healer goes down and you pick up the healing to get through the fight. As an enhancement your mana pool is pretty small and you have no +healing/damage so the heals are very small and run out super fast if you try to heal in an emergency situation. You could wear all healing gear but if you do you will never match what a dedicated healer would do so the group could just take a healer instead.

There is a nice restokin build that will let you moonkin dps and stil max out hots for a10-25man raid for a druid. You will never be great at dps and will have trouble healing heroics until your gear is great and the skill level gets up there, but you will have max hots for raids which is great and soloing isn't an issue as you have decent dps for that

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info!
I may just go resto-sham, but probably not right off the bat, as the leveling is probably mad slow. Still considering the durid though, because I still think that class owns pretty hard in WoW

Enhancement is a fast way to level your shaman until in the level 60's, then you can start to get decent elem or resto gear. I have'nt personally tried resto shammy but have come close, seems like it would be a very fun healing class :)

oh, and for Anita a restokin build :)

Just as an update,
I've been spending time on a shammie, leveling him enhancement, with plans to respec him to resto come post-60's. I must say, Quest Helper has made leveling a breeze!

He's now level 20, and still off the Forgiven roster ( think I've cluttered the list enough with all my different alts), but if I bring him along enough, hopefully he can start to be a helpful contributor to our guild runs!

k..I specced Jaid restokin..now to figure out trinity bars for her (haven't played her since the last big patch)

Back