What cheeseo has been up to.

cheeseo

hey all,
just thought I would give everyone an update as to what has been going on lately. You may have noticed that I have not logged on very much in the last week, or you may have noticed that I have not logged on at all in the last week, well I am going to tell you why because it's a very cool reason.

Over the last week I have been out with my old church youth group on a ten day mission trip to Salt Lake City, Utah. myself and about 50 other people around my age all met at my old church around 8 A.M. on friday morning (or it might have been saturday, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep on this trip). We all jumped in 4 different 15 passanger vans and began driving out to Utah on a two day drive. The drive itself was very uneventful, but one thing we did do on the way was stop at churches every night and spend the night there (I do not know what churchs we stopped at but if your pastor said that Coronado Baptist Church youth slept on your church floor then that was us. After word we got there we were already on to day three, I believe that this day we went and checked out the town and the temple grounds (also I forgot to mention the whole reason we headed to Salt Lake City was to learn about the LDS faith, or more commenly known as "Mormons" and what exactly they believe). On the temple grounds we just checked out the history and took a tour of the temple, at the end of which we were shown a movie on how the LDS faith came to be. Then I believe we headed out to The Great Salt Lake and took a dip, after which we got our first shower of the week...lol. The next day we checked up on the guy who helped plan this entire trip (I didn't get his name) and found out what he had been learning about the LDS faith for the past couple of years. After he gave us a crash course on how not to "shove The Bible down their throat" and just to show them love they set us loose (in controled groups of 6-8 and when we went up to a house we would send only groups of 2) and we went around town going door to door asking people if they had anything we could pray for. You would be amazed at the weird things people ask for you to pray for, the weirdest any group of found was that this guy's ex-girlfriend wouldn't feed his dog she stole from him heroin, and that the dog would be retruned safely.

The next day was our big fun day, we got to go bobsleding and go on the fastest and steepest zipline in the USA I am pretty sure. that was pretty much our entire day. then on day 6 we drove out to the LDS temple where we were going to see the LDS pagent, that showed how Joseph Smith was the prophet who was chosen to translate the book of Mormon, however before we could go and see this pagent we had to set up "camp" in other words we had to lay out the tarps for the guys who went on the trip to lay their sleeping bags (Or more commenly known to our youth group as "Fart Sacks") while the girls layed their sleeping bags in the vans we drove in. we went out and saw the pagent, I liked it mostly because this entire thing was an LDS convention, and they had been refining this play for years and years so it was very well done. that night the tempeture went down to about 30 degrees farenhight, one of the guys woke up in the middle of the night with a sheet of ice over his sleeping bag. the next day was the last one before we began driving back home to El Paso, Texas so we decided that this night we were going to give away a ton of frisbies that we had brought along that said "I love Mormons" on the top and on the bottom there was a testimony of one of the youth laminated and glued on, we gave away so many of them it was scary, I had people come up to me and ask where I had gotten them and I just told them that they were free and we were giving them away, then gave them one. we passed out almost all 400 we brought along.

After all that we began driving home, the driving days were uneventful to say the least but when we got there on sunday everyone was ready to get a shower and fall asleep on their own bed.

Well that's it for what has been happening with me as of late, I hope to see you all on WoW sometime soon.

God Bless ^_^

Back