[Weekly - F/Sa] Week In Review

Thread starter #181

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Work is still calm, though that's unlikely to last as we have multiple projects on hold and our team tends to get the business end of business decisions. Based on past experience, I wouldn't be surprised if all the projects got "un-frozen" in rapid succession, leaving us with too much work and not enough people to do it. We did have a team member who had been on medical leave for months give his notice, so we'll be able to backfill that position. That's great news!

Today is a FRANTIC CLEANING DAY in our house, so I'm going to cut this short, but I hope this weekend finds you all well and looking to the Lord!

Well it's now been a year and a half since moving the entire family to Southern Indiana. I got a promotion at work from minor field tech to can fix everything, at least in title, field tech. This week I noticed how great I felt after having to replace a ped (small box on the ground that hold the phone wires) to restore phone service for someone. It had been run over by a car. It was hard work and enjoyable. I had a lot of fun answering Bible questions through the week on StackExchange's biblical hermeneutics section. The kids have behaved pretty well over the week and the youngest two just made some crafts for me to enjoy while I was writing this post. This week also brought me back to activity in ToJ where I've always felt welcomed. Joining up with the minecraft chapter I've staked out a homesite, tried to get myself up to speed in equipment, and really enjoyed seeing all the builds I could on the server. Later today we're going to head to a pot luck cinco de mayo event with church friends.

Kendrik

Semi-busy week. Not as busy as last week, but the functional lack of a weekend made this week feel... off. Honestly, I can't point to a lot of highlights or low-points. Worked. Got turned down by a church's search team. Had some extended family drama. Did some mowing, some sprinkler system work, and--my favorite--more grilling. Would grill at least four times a week if I could. Had worship practice Thursday night. Went to pick up some plants and outdoor stuff today.

Red Five (one year old son) is doing well on the whole. Worried he's kinda sick again, though. He just doesn't seem to be feeling top notch. Meanwhile, Fulcrum (wife) is well but tired in no small part because of Spectre-6 (26 week-along boy on the way).

Due to the good sum of outdoor work I had to do yesterday, I had to move two hours of paid work to clock today. So back to that I get!

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
its been a crazy few weeks, a lot of students graduated so we've been busy saying a lot of goodbyes. The 4 year rotation is getting harder since we're getting older and we're losing more people that we've invested so much into over hte years.

We are making some better young married friends now that some of the younger people are getting married..... the people who would be my "peers" in the church are ....... boring....... which Ive mentioned before so i won't go into that too much.

Even with a baby we are volitionally up til midnight with our students and at functions and involved with the college ministry group. it was fascinating and pretty encouraging, our college pastor's wife even admitted that they struggle doing the "young family/ community" out reach and she realized that when they had a new family over after church recently and it was difficult to relate/talk to "peers." just one of those really encouraging moments when you realize your pastors are humans too XD

Overall, business is good/sh . having a few people try working with me in the office so we'll see. Had 1 goof-up already where the clerical assistant sent a document as an attachment, instead of copying and pasting the inside of the document into the bulk email XD.

So im getting pushed to grow as a manager, so we'll see.

Thread starter #185

Tek7

Staff member
This week also brought me back to activity in ToJ where I've always felt welcomed. Joining up with the minecraft chapter I've staked out a homesite, tried to get myself up to speed in equipment, and really enjoyed seeing all the builds I could on the server.
Huzzah! Welcome back, @moderndaymicah! I'm always encouraged to read and hear about folks who return to ToJ and find a place waiting for them. Tribe of Judah will turn 19 in a week and so much has changed in that time, but I've learned to view ToJ as a connecting point for people who love the Lord and who enjoy games.

Thread starter #187

Tek7

Staff member
Work picked up about midway through the week, but still manageable. Dreading when multiple projects are un-frozen and we inevitably get hit with unrealistic deadlines from other teams. Oy. Got through about 2 hours of training on IT security. Still a long way off from meeting my annual training requirement before the end of June. :|

Only one and a half days left in the school year for my older child! I'm looking forward to summer break because it means I don't have to get up as early on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. :D Plus maybe we can go have some fun this summer (since we're not planning to go on an actual vacation).

Wednesday night church for the older child is also out for the summer. Our church is fantastic, but I can't help but be grateful for our kids to just relax on Wednesday nights. We've been watching What's In The Bible With Buck Denver. The kids love it and it gives a great overview of the Bible. It goes through every book in the Bible (yes, even Job, Song of Solomon, and Revelation) and does a great job explaining how it all ties together.

As I mentioned in the Now Playing thread, I've been scratching the platformer itch with Chibi Robo: Zip Lash on the 3DS. The game feels like a tribute to the Castlevania series but with cutesy graphics instead of the nightmare fuel that occupies modern Castlevania entries. And that's high praise coming from someone who can never get enough of Metroidvania games. (Zip Lash is more or less linear, but I'm 100% okay with that right now.) I feel like no matter how old I get, I'll always enjoy a good platformer. :)