Want an answer on a non games question.

Hysterical

Well i just wanted to hear some christians opinions on a tatoo im thinking of getting but i want to make sure christians are not too offended, now im pretty sure im gonna get it as its fairly harmless and have spoke to religious friends and think its quite amusing, as its done in a funny way not a spiteful way, well the tatoo is that religious fish thing you see on the back of cars with satan written inside.
Opinions please.

It will offend some. It just depends if you want to offend people. It is not wrong in and of itself.

I think you could compare it to Paul's discussion on eating meat sacraficed to idols. It is not wrong in a strict Biblical sense. However, some considered it wrong. Therefore, Paul did not this type of meat around those who felt it was wrong.

Problem with a tatoo like the one you are cosidering is that, well you can't remove it around brothers and sisters is causes to sin. Your freedom should not cause another to sin.

Just my thoughts. i do think you would regret getting the tattoo in a few years. Not that tattoos are bad, but that is an odd one.

hehehehe i think it would depend on the tatoo. i mean i dont think i would get a tatoo cuz im realy really plain. and i know a few girls who get flower tatoos and whatnot and i could really care less. but if it was a little angel thign with a pitch fork then i would try n figuiore out their standing with God.

Personally, the only thing that prevents me from getting one is this:  May look cool when you get it, but when you are old and skin is sagging, thats anothe story, lol

however, i would not semi-permantly, as they can be removed, for a nice chunk of cash, put something on me that is like the one you desrcibed, as the symbol used by satan in revelation was put on his followers, why put a "symbol" of his on myself. Not something I would want to be identified with at all for any reason.

hmm....from a Jewish perspective it's wrong. The law states (and no, i don't remember where off the top of my head) that tatoo's are wrong.

so as a Christian, I'd pray long and hard before defacing the Holy Spirit's temple with a tat

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hysterical @ Jan. 17 2004,4:18)], well the tatoo is that religious fish thing you see on the back of cars with satan written inside.
umm... ok... I dont think he was asking about the christian opinions of "tattoos" (yes icthus was the only one besides me that spelled it right *internet high five* ) in general.  He was asking if we were offended if he got a tattoo of a Jesus fish and had "Satan" Writen insite.  I personally would be offended by that, and would assume that you were a Satanist and such.  Judging by the context of your post, you are not "religious" as you put it so that is probably not the case.  What I think would be funnier.  (I bet you all 100$ that Kidan won't like this one bit.)  Would be to get a Tattoo of the Jesus Fish and under it write "Goes good with tartar sauce."  It would probably offend less people and I personally think its funnier.  (That Tattoo was based off a bumper sticker from one of one of somethingawful.com 's comedy goldmines.)  Here is a link to the picture.  pic
BUT THAT WEBSITE IS NOT "FAMILY FRIENDLY" AND YOU SHOULD NOT GO THERE EVER!!!!11!!oneone.  I also don't recomend clicking on the link because i heard sa does something bad if you direct link to an image and "steal their bandwidth." But i tested it and it seems to work fine.
my two cents.

Back