Wait to choose server.

Deamiter

Wouldn't it be best to choose a server that is NOT on the headstart list?

I mean, it would set some of us back by 2-4 days, but we would have a MUCH better chance of picking a server with lower population so we don't get 1hr+ wait times to join.

Also, it'd be good to have a couple days to see which servers have high destruction population so we have minimal wait for battles.

In short, isn't waiting another day or two worth having a better experience for the next couple years?

Just a thought.

Great thought and something we are discussing as officers but also should discuss with the whole community... How do the CE holders feel if their work from the first 4 days of playing is erased because we pick a new server on the 18th? That is a key question.

Mythic Devs are saying they have this under control and that they have ideas in mind to deal with the guilds that will join their CE members on high pop servers, but we don't know for sure till it happens.

Also the other way to consider is what if the players on the 18th have to wait in hour queues for the first 2 days of play but that goes away as players roll on diff servers and Mythic ups the server capacity. Can we handle wait times for the first 2 days in order to save what the head start people have already done?

Seems like we should let the BD4L take his best guess at a server on CE launch day. If it fills up in the next 2-4 days, he makes the call on moving to another one. If it doesn't we stay. Either way, I'm guessing that queue times might not stabilize for the first 1-2 weeks regardless of the staggered launch issues, and we should indeed be prepared to give up short-term gains for long-term guild potential. But who knows what the means right now ... it's easy to accept the concept right now, might be wrenching in a week.

Anyhow, I would say that:
1) We should trust the BD4L and his advisors to make the best call(s) for the guild on this and not bellyache regardless of how we may be individually impacted on this.
2) It will be an unstable situation for the first few weeks and getting too emotionally vested in any one outcome at any one time is a recipe for unhappiness. A year -- or a month -- from now, it almost certainly won't matter. This also means that the BD4L may have to reverse decisions and change his mind and stuff, and we'll have to live with that. It will be what it will be.
3) There's at least a chance that the CE head start server that's picked ends up with acceptable performance & population to accomodate the guild through the Standard head start and the Go Live date and the next few weeks as folks migrate to the game. So might as well roll the dice on that and cross our fingers, even if it's just a chance.

Last edited:
I would be comfortable either way. I think this is going to be a trial and error process no matter what is chosen

Following D's line of thought. We could mess around on servers for a week or two like an extended open beta and choose a server a week or two after launch date. I mean if waiting until launch is a good idea, waiting a week is a week better! right?

Wouldn't it be best to choose a server that is NOT on the headstart list?

I mean, it would set some of us back by 2-4 days, but we would have a MUCH better chance of picking a server with lower population so we don't get 1hr+ wait times to join.

Also, it'd be good to have a couple days to see which servers have high destruction population so we have minimal wait for battles.

In short, isn't waiting another day or two worth having a better experience for the next couple years?

Just a thought.

they just announced tat they will be adjusting population caps and what not to ensure an even spread among the servers. So I don't think it will matter if we choose a head start server or not.

Can I ask that we go to a server with a cool name.. like... VOlkmar... or... SKull Throne? :D

please nothing dwarfish....

Och laddie, wha not a Dwarf name! Kraka Drak or Kraka Pop, or Kraka em in the head?

;)

Good news at least is that SE servers will be up Tuesday with all the onse listed pretty much. I have no problems chaging on Tuesday if the guild wishes.

Last edited:
I found a bunch of dev posts in the elder beta forums. They have announced that there will be server caps at CE and they will be raised at SE and then again and launch, in order to allow guilds to join those that had head start.

It sounds like Mythic has this under control and is very aware of the uneasiness ppl are having over the rollout.

Volkmar Von Hindenstern (nicknamed 'The Grim') is the Grand Theogonist, or High Priest, of the Cult of Sigmar during the reign of Karl Franz. Prior to his ascension, Volkmar was known as a mighty Warrior Priest.

Back