Urg..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Bill

You all need to stop trying to impose your beliefs on others.  Just becuase you are christian does not mean you are correct.  Let people decide for themselves what to believe; do not decide for them.  Yes, you can say that you are merely exposing others to your way of thinking, but really, if they want to be save, they will come to you...not vice versa.  By practicing your religion in this way, you are being demeaning to all other ways of thinking.  And..um..your game reviews are pretty bad...The Legend of Zelda should not be outranked by Simpsons Road Rage....not even by your 'appropriateness' standards.

EDIT: Mm..sorry about this being in the wrong folder...a mod should probably move this to general discussion. (I think it's called that...)

As far as the game reviews, I have nothing to do with them, so no comment.

Now, with regards to your first comment. Did you post in this forum after one of our members seized you and made you come? Have you been spammed by CGA to come here and post and to convert to Christianity? I think I can assuredly answer "no" to both those questions, so your complaint is moot.

Go harass Christians somewhere else, we don't have the time for you.

We never force anyone to become a christian. However, we try and convince them. If you check everywhere, Bible and Christianity is the most historically correct and researched religion, and i'd like to see you prove we are incorrect. And as for the reviews, we try to look at it from christian and non-christian view, and grade it. To nonchristian's views, that Simpson road rage may not be fun, but christian views, in violence and all, it wins more points. that DOESN'T MEAN we can't play them. Counter-Strike is usually known as violent shooting game, but its JUST a digitalized stupid pixels of picture! It is not real, and as long as the game does not get between your time with God, it's all alright.

If you want to prove that christianity is wrong, try it after this.

Go out side on a sunny day, and look up in the sky, and try to watch the sun WITH YOUR BEAR EYES! Can you see it with both eyes wide open? i doubt. How can you try and look for things that prove that God does not exist while you can't even see one of his creation?

And lemmi add this after tasty, don't go bothering christians, unless you have proofs that you are right (which i doubt u'll ever find).

My coupl cents
Godbless

bout the game reviews... *points to sig*....im a game reviewer for CCGR and i believe most of the differences u will see is that we come from different backrounds as well as haivng different convictions.

You don't have time for me, and yet three of you have posted within a short period...a good example of what I'm talking about. You may not be aware of it, but I'm fairly sure that all of you have a desire to spread the word not for the sake of others, but for the sake of yourselves--to reaffirm your faith, which I find pretty selfish. Maybe I'm taking too much for granted, but neither you nor I will be able to prove or disprove that...which is why I'm only asking you to consider this. I'm not out to harass you; I'm only here becuase I feel that you're harassing others. I came here becuase I am offended by what you all are precipitating; a false and arbitrary mentallity. Flash, you talk of being correct and incorrect, but that is the very substance of faith: by definition, it does not matter whether you are correct or incorrect, you just believe. That is why you should not impose on others; let them draw their own conclusions from the universe, give them the freedom to do so, and do not inhibit that ability by drowning it in the gospel. The Bible is the most historically correct religious text--but so what? Ultimately, this means nothing. Don't lean on words so much--it's the feeling and the emotion behind them that matters.

Mr. Bill

How exactly are we forcing people?  I'm assuming you came here throught CGR, since that's what you're discussing mostly, but think about the name.  CGR is a resource for CHRISTIANS!  By your own definition, you are here, we did not drag you, so are you here to convert?  

Yes I have a desire to spread the gospel.  For the gospel is the TRUTH and I want to share the truth with everyone.  Not for me, but because it is the truth.  I have no need to reaffirm my faith, nor do I reaffirm it by witnessing.

You say you're not here to harrass us, but you come here and the first words you type are an attack on our beliefs, and one of the member-sites of CGA.  How is that not harrassing?  As well, you accuse us of harrassing others, yet you don't know HOW we witness.  I cannot force ANYONE to accept my beliefs.  I can guide them to the truth, but unless they're willing to accept the truth they won't.  

Why do our beliefs offend you?  Is it because we stand for absolute values, where things can be either right or wrong, and they remain so?  You speak of how things except feelings and emotions are unimportant.  But this is an utter inanity.  For feelings and emotions are random, and easily swayed.  If you base your beliefs on feelings, then your beliefs will blow in the wind, like a sail.  My beliefs and morals are set on the unmoving rock that is Jesus Christ and His Word.  I have a moral compass that always points true.

You are welcome to enjoy your time on our forums, we have a Religious discussion forum where this type of discussion is often held.

Bill,

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it untrue.

All I know is I logged into the forums to discuss things with my brothers and sisters, and I find a harassing commentary from your lips, or fingers as the case may be.

You're the pot calling the kettle black. YOU, sir, just did exactly what you have accused us of doing by coming here and telling US that we don't have the right to tell anyone what we percieve to be the truth. YOU are imposing your beliefs on us.

I have the freedom to say and believe what I want in this great nation, and I, for one, choose to believe in the eternal greatness and love of our God, not caring how often someone says He's wrong, only that they come to Him with a repentant heart.

Go review your own life before you preach to me, friend. For I think you'll find you're guilty of what we're "guilty" of, perhaps in another form.

Vanaze

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You don't have time for me, and yet three of you have posted within a short period
*sarcastic voice* maybe it was becuase we were actually on?? *sarcastic voice off* and we do give peopel the freedom to make their own choices yet we are allowed to voice our opinion just as they are.

Oh dear..much melodrama is here..I best back down a bit. I am sorry, I didn't meant to offend anyone if I did... I should not have been so hypocritical, I see that now. But please do not patronize me..I don't deserve that, and neither do you. We should end this...I can't argue my point in this way..too based on opinion here. But if it makes you feel better...go ahead and post some more..I'll read them. I'll be in the religious discussion forums from now on tho.

lol its ok bill we forgive and forget easyly..... what was i talkin bout again?? oh right... and yeah feel free to join us all in the religoes area im interested to see what ya got in ur noggin
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Strike 1: The first words out of your mouth are speaking against us. That's like driving to some stranger's house, stopping and getting out of the car, walking up to the door, ringing the doorbell, and then telling the homeowner that you think their lawn looks terrible and it infringes on your constitutional rights to gaze on lush shades of green. You don't own the house. You don't own the grass. You don't pay a dime on the house payment or the lawnmower. I've lost track of how many times I've said this in the last month: Membership and participation in these forums is a privilege, not a right.

Strike 2: You post in the wrong forums. Disregarding the absurdity and audacity of the content of your post, we must now consider its placement. This is the News and Announcements forums, intended for use by CGA staff and community members to post news and announcements about community events.

By my count, you have one strike left. If I was acting on impulse and considering we had already banned two people this week, I would simply ban you and be done with it. But, recognizing that I might be swayed by the frustration of people repeatedly coming into my online "home" and telling me off, I will give you one more chance.

BUT after this post, and after this day, I will begin banning without notice. I just don't have the time to do this every single day. People who start their membership in a forum posting something against said forums are obviously not very interested in anything but causing trouble anyway.

You have your first and final warning. I pray you straighten up, realize the love and support available in the hearts of these community members, and bend a little to accomodate our rules. In the end, I trust you will be blessed and perhaps even laugh at your opening post in days, weeks, and months to come.

It's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back