Upcoming MMO interest for possible chapters...

What upcoming MMO are you most likely going to play...

• Aion

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Blizzard's Project "Hydra"

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XionTawa

I was putting this poll together to just get a feel of what upcoming MMOs everyone is interested in, and how much popularity for a ToJ chapter there would be for each...

Edit: 1.) A new poll will be made sometime in October to insure a good accurate survey of what games will be in demand for a Christian guild...

2.) PLEASE do not post here if you have no interest in MMOs...

Last edited:
Blizzard's Project "Hydra"

Hydra, hmm...

Heh, I serious doubt its World of Starcraft, otherwise if it is, AWESOME!

But if it was another WoW game, then what race are they missing? :confused:

Last edited:
They claim it is a completely new IP, but I am not all that interested in it...was too let down by their lack of work on WoW 2.0+...just seems like they really started slacking off after the first expansion, maybe they thought they got a good player base, so they could slack off...

They claim it is a completely new IP, but I am not all that interested in it...was too let down by their lack of work on WoW 2.0+...just seems like they really started slacking off after the first expansion, maybe they thought they got a good player base, so they could slack off...

I was certain that hydra was simply the code name for Diablo 3. *shrugs* could be wrong put I thought they revealed this earlier in the year.

I was certain that hydra was simply the code name for Diablo 3. *shrugs* could be wrong put I thought they revealed this earlier in the year.

The hydra is probably an internal joke everyone has blown out of proportion and they are laughing at us all.

Nope, they still have yet to reveal project "Hydra", all we know is it is a new IP and will be an MMORPG... D3 is not an MMO and they are taking many people from WoW to work on this secret project, not sending them to the D3 team...

I was putting this poll together to just get a feel of what upcoming MMOs everyone is interested in, and how much popularity for a ToJ chapter there would be for each...
Moderator's note: Thread moved to General Discussion [toj]

Champions Online! And SW:TOR. Until I get a better job it'll probably be one or the other though. Most likely SW:TOR.

From what I have seen, both Star Trek Online and Champions look like flops...now they may be very successful, and really good games, but we will just have to see...

From what I have seen, both Star Trek Online and Champions look like flops...now they may be very successful, and really good games, but we will just have to see...

Some of the previous star trek FPS have been pretty decent, for a generic FPS.

One of the issues I see with MMOs is that you need a player base that is dedicated for years of playing in order to make the investment worthwhile (for both the player and the developers). Just have a look at SOE to see what happens when games atrophy and they are shut down (often times with people who would gladly gather together, buy the IP and continue hosting it). As more and more people come to the MMO table wanting to become popular, I fear many people will be orphaned from their investments.

I think Champions will do well. It's the spiritual successor to CoH, and I think that a lot of the old playerbase of CoH will transition over. CoH has hung on pretty well, too.

Normally I'm not into MMO's, but one has caught my attention recently. I don't know how many of you have heard of APB yet (All Points Bulletin). I don't really know if it falls into the traditional MMO form as a game server consists of 100 players. I don't know if that's high or low (like I said, normally not into MMOs). Think of it as a GTA type game where it's cops vs. robbers. it looks to be a very ambitious title, but I'm very much interested. The only hang up for me right now is I question how well my computer will handle it (watch the video on their site www.apb.com) and there's talk of it coming to the 360. So I may end up holding out for the 360 version.

Just thought I'd mention most people I've read elsewhere are mentioning DC online every time someone mentions Champions.

I still won't be playing an mmorpg unless it's in beta or has no monthly fees though.

Hey MG, did you recieve your BETA Gift yet from EA, I think its Cool to finally get a In Game Medal to wear to show your support :) also got a update letter which included 200 Hero Bucks, not a lot but not my money :p

I voted for Aion because I made the very rash decision to pre-order a copy yesterday. >.< So, I'll be playing it for a while, at least. I'm also very interested in SWTOR.

The more and more I played the Beta of Aion, the more I see it not being as big as I thought...it really pulls you in at first, but after the novelty wears off, there isn't much to the game...plus, you cannot level past 30 without going into a faction PvP zone for all of 30-50...you can make it to 50 without going there, but I guess it would take you almost a year... I don't like the idea of being ganked the last 20 levels of a game and have no choice in the matter... The game is definitely PvP based, similar to Warhammer...but seems a bit more shallow than WAR at the moment... I guess right as the game releases there will be this BIG update adding stuff...but we will see...not holding my breath...

Currently I stand saying the biggest fight will be between SW:ToR and FFXIV...these other games, Champions, DCo, Aion, Star Trek, and many others, don't seem to have what is needed to pull off a big game, they will most likely be "fillers" for people between their current game (WoW, EQ2, WAR to SW:ToR or FFXIV)... Now, most likely many of you are thinking I don't know what I am talking about and probably going to dismiss most of that I think, but I will let you know I have played over 50 MMORPGs, and have been playing MMORPGs for over 10 years...I have always been researching numbers and what makes good games...yes I could be wrong, but my "opinions" come true most of the time...

When it all comes down to it, a good game is what you like...so really I should be saying successful...but play what you enjoy :)

Last edited:
Probably the only MMO that interests me atm is Global Agenda. It is looking to be pretty awesome and has a similar leveling system to planetside (mind you the games aren't the same).

Back