Upcoming Events

mb_sloan

My appearance in events will be scarce over the next couple of weeks. I will try to make as many as possible but might be missing some as well. If I sign up, I should be able to make it. I work in retail and we are preparing for Black Friday and the X-mas. Our day after Thanksgiving(Black Friday) is also tax-free so me being in management I have a lot on my plate. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. After this I will be back on a lot more. Thanks.

Why is it called "BLACK" Friday? That really angers me. lol...JK! hehehe. Anywho, hope everything goes well for ya and thanks for the heads up. Life always comes first. We'll be happy to have ya back when you are able to.

Take care,

Chris

Wait wait... Black Friday's in the middle of summer... I know, I was there!!

lol... Black Friday up here in Alberta refers to the nasty nasty nasty Great Tornado of 1987 that hit Edmonton (the "home town" for many of us Canadian TF) It caused huge amounts of damage and killed about a hundred people IIRC.

I was living in the trailer park that got totally obliviated by the Tornado. Thankfully I was living in the little bit on the side that wasn't actually hit --- but there was alot of debris around the neighborhood for quite a while afterwards.

I remember seeing a trailer home about a block from our house with another trailer home through it.

I know, that's totally off subject, I just thought of it when I saw the words "Black Friday".

/end offtopic

Black Friday is referred to as the day after Thanksgiving in the states. it is probably the worst day to go shopping. Every store opens early and has Christmas sales going on. Everything is packed, the roads and the shops.

Also if I remember correctly Black Friday also refers to the stock market crash way back when.

lol. I looked it up. Black Monday & Black Tuesday refer to the start of the Great American Depression, in 1929. Black Friday typically refers to the day after Thanksgiving in the US.... but can also reference a specific "run on the bank" in the 1800s... the start of a sharp, but short, economic downturn in the US West.

Okay, yall got me thinking and I had to go look up the "black" day with the stock market crash. This is what I found.....

A stock market crash is a sudden dramatic decline of stock prices across a significant cross-section of a market.......The most famous crash, the Stock Market Crash of 1929, took place in October 1929. After a series of price declines in early October, the market plunged dramatically on October 24 (known as Black Thursday). This was followed by Black Monday and Black Tuesday on October 28 and 29. ....

So there ya go. I know, more than you cared to know, hehe.

Black Friday refers to that most retailers are in the red on there report for the year but on that day they go into the black.

I LOVE Black Friday! Nothing gets you into the Christmas shopping spirit like standing in line outside a store at 5 am! I never really get into shopping except then. :)

And, to help my lovely wife get into that Christmas spirit, I have taken that day and the rest of the week off :)

I LOVE Black Friday! Nothing gets you into the Christmas shopping spirit like standing in line outside a store at 5 am! I never really get into shopping except then. :)

My wife is the same way. She hates shopping and never goes to malls but on Black Friday she is out of the house at 5am.

Back