Unreal 2: the awakening

Read lots of reviews, it seems as tho most people are thumbing it down. It has no mplayer (ack) and the splayer (according to review) is very linear and boring.

Dunno, I'll probably buy it 2 years later on ebay packaged with Ut2003, like I always do...
biggrin.gif

Got the game but It would be good to have
512 megs of ram on my system but I only got
256 megs of ram and the Hard Drive grinds
away on some bit's of the game like when
I'm fighting the giant spider.

I wouldn't waste your time with it.  The game is ridiculously slow for graphics that, yes, are good but it doesnt seem like they should use so many resources, and I have a fairly decent pc.  It seems poorly optimized.  I Alt-tabbed out once to see how much RAM it used while playing.  I was surprised when i saw it used nearly 275MB of ram alone.  The gameplay it about as exciting as banging your head into the wall.  The thin characters make it even worse.  I think they are relying on the cleavage of the main character's companion to sell the game.  It's uninventive "games" like this, simply riding on a popular title, that is bringing the gaming industry down.  What happened to the days when games were innovative?  The huge corporations involved in gaming are slowly destroying it.  There is hardly a new game today that can keep my interest as long as many of the classics I once played.  This thing is basically a sightseeing simulation.  I would pass on this one guys, or at least wait till it hits the bargain bins.

Well, blahrst. Guess I"ll wait on it then. Sad...given how incredible the original Unreal was, I really expected more. Oh well. I guess there are other games I can get into besides that, UT2k3 not least :).

The orginal Unreal sucked too imho.

If you want innovative, just wait for Halo pc
cool.gif
It'll probably sell ten times more than u2.

Back