United Church of Christ commercials

Hmm, we could have used you in the the "true" Christian thread, there was an awful lot of judging done in that thread.

Judging, however, was not what I had in mind.

Are you not able to comment on that church without being judgemental?

The commercial itself I would agree with; the actual thoughts of those making it, and how they would intrepret things there I would not.

Dark Virtue said:
Hmm, we could have used you in the the "true" Christian thread, there was an awful lot of judging done in that thread.

Judging, however, was not what I had in mind.

Are you not able to comment on that church without being judgemental?

You are quite right to ask what I meant. It is not that I can not talk about a church without being judgemental, It is that people start talking nicely and become judgemental.
You can say you disagree with a church and state your reasons. However, Saying they are wrong, bad, eil or whatever, I will not allow on the postings, I see that as inflamatory remarks or flaming. Which is not allowed by the TOS.

Honestly, Until I have time to actually check out the church and see what they believe, I will not be posting on it. Only modding.

You bring up an interesting question. Just keep it to your opinion's on the answer. Dont go saying that the church (or any church) Is wrong until you back it up with fact please. I get tired of conjecture.... :D

But it's ALL conjecture and opinion, there are no FACTS.

That's why I never got the whole "true" Christian, "false" Christian.

Well that was a slightly entertaining commercial. I would have to say that it pretty well sums up some congregations I have seen. I can certainly identify with the lady with the crying kid. We just visited a church yesterday and knowing we have a small baby prone to make noise at the most inopportune time, we sat close to the back near a door. The gays getting ejected makes sense, since nobody wants to take the time to show them they are wrong. Gays in church can be a whole thread unto itself, but God is pretty clear of His stance on the issue. The poor person with not so nice clothes being treated like they have a disease is very much a prevalent way of thinking here in the south where I live unfortunately. The point they are trying to get across is certainly very clear, and it really does show just how much some congregations have strayed from the true message of Yeshua.

The true Christian flase Christian thing is a thread that could span for a long time. People can argue most any position they like about any church. My own experiance is this. Take what you read in the Bible, Look at what a particular church believes, See if they match up. I have seen churches (Not naming names) Where their core beliefs are in total opposite from the Bible.
Anyway, I understand your question Dark Virtue, And when I have more time to completly answer it I will, however, With Finals and a surgery coming up soon, I have little time to do anything except school stuff..... And Mod here. :D

Dark Virtue said:
Would you mind elaborating?

The church you highlight with the ad is an anything is ok, liscentious (spelling?) church. My position on things, for instance, homosexuality is this. It is clearly a sin biblically, and the Bible is the guidebook for Christian living. However, we are called to not judge the world, for we were once just as they are. How does this look? Well, I have a few gay friends frankly, and yes they do know how I believe. I welcome gays to attend our church, the same as I would anyone else.

BUT, I would not allow a gay as a member of the church. When you join the church you are saying that you are striving to live a Christian lifestyle - a Biblical lifestyle. We as Christians ARE called to keep an eye on one another, to pick each other up when we stumble in habitual sin. To gently restore one another, with grace and in love. We are NOT called to excuse sin in the lives of other believers. I'm not going to say that osmeone can't be simeultaneiously saved and living in a gay lifestyle - but I am saying that Biblically the church is obligated to put someone who is in that category out from it's membership. Call it excommunication or whatever else you want to call it.

So that's the dividing line. The people making those adds are saying "anything goes we don't judge anyone." The Bible teaches us to judge not the WORLD, but to keep one another from stumbling.

Back