U.S. church excluded over gay stance

Also what I don't undersand is yu would kill the children of the city. If they did perform in unnatural sexual acts was it really their fault.

Well, one possibility if you believe in age of accountability doctrine is that God actually brought the children to Heaven when they otherwise might have followed in their parents footsteps. Even so, when we recognize God's sovereignty, we realize that we must submit that God knows better than we do.

A perfect example of God's "overkill" not really being overkill was the example of the Amalekites. God decreed to Saul to wipe them off the planet, yet he did not do so. The only Amalekite name we know of is the name "Agag", which was given to their royal line.

Fast forward to Esther 3:1-- Haman, who very nearly destroyed all the Jews, is referred to as an "Agagite". In essence, this goes to show that:
1. These seemingly capricious acts of violence probably have a good reason behind them.
2. There seems to be a sort of passage of generational hatred and sin, and of generational righteousness-- read 2 Kings 15, and you'll see that for about 5 generations, the good kings of Judah and the wicked kings of Israel followed after their fathers. This example is followed with few exceptions throughout Scripture.

You can make the argument that God saved the children from making a decision against God, which they were very likely to make anyway, and in essence the death of the children was an act of mercy.

Cool, I'll have to do some more reading.
One question, wasn't Judah compared to Sodom and Gommorrah somewhere in the bible. Was it compared as being a corrupt city, or was it just one of the 10 citys (was it 10) that god was thinking of destroying. My understanding of the bible is in bits and pieces, so I might be mixing stuff up. :)

Back