Tutorials for n00bs

amusedtoe

So yea I think we should have a thread where when we come across a good tutorial for something we can stick it up here so those who are new to the program or whatever have somewhere to look.

www.masteringunreal.com is the first site I'm offering up. 3D Buzz is a site that offers video training for free on a variety of different 3D programs and Photoshop and masteringunreal is the result of Epic's recruitment to create some training materials for UT2003. masteringunreal goes a step farther beyond just offering video training for free and also offers "courses" in that with the videos there also is a small quiz you can take on the website for each movie and after you pass all the quizs your able to complete a project and test to make sure you understand what your learning. Their's currently courses on mapping, and making static meshes, with courses on creating concept art and others coming in the near future. The complete course size for the videos is around 700 megs with around 10 lessons per course. The few smaller movies I've downloaded (they don't support getright so I've been unable to get any other then a couple smaller ones) are all of very high quality with the narration being done like if you were taking a real school course and it walks you through all the tasks step by step with explanation as to why and how your doing what your doing so you acctually learn. Highly recommend for anyone looking to learn UnrealEd and has broadband.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

Back