Turn that candy corn into tons of ToT bags

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Just gonna link the thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/11zzng/earn_5_personalized_trick_or_treat_bags_for_the/

Basically this: it costs 1 candy corn to use the scanner, and there are hidden locations all over the place that will give you multiple personalized ToT bags. Looks like you can easily earn 30 if you hit each locale, and that this will combo extremely well with hunting/carving runs. Reports say they even reset so you can get them throughout the event. I'm not sure if you can repeat on different characters.

Very sweet deal. Obvious side note: if you're thinking about saving ToTs to sell later, don't open anything but personalized ones.

Don't forget to save some candy corn to eat for the monthly acheivements.
i am trying to max it for the jug of karma in the chest.

i still have to kill 8 players in WvW to complete this months chest

Aye, though you get 2.5 CC on average for each personalized bag you open, so it's a net gain there. Just a quick update - they took away the two ToT bag nodes that are underwater in LA, but the diving board rings, Queensdale locations, Kessex, and Gendarren (sp?) fields location all still work. I got a chance to loop these a bit last night and this morning and it's a GREAT way to get Halloween Hunt kills due to several of these spots spawning multiple monsters. The other thing to remember is that each member of a group can hit a spot. So for example, there is an area (Blackroot?) in Kessex where you hit a shiny at the back of a tomb and it spawns 4 candy corn golems nearby. If you are with a group of 5, you can get a total of 20 monsters to spawn, in addition to any other people roaming the area.

Edit: and because these locations correspond closely with the scavenger hunt locations, you can simultaneously work on every current halloween-specific thing doing this loop: scavenger hunt, getting candy corn, carving pumpkins, halloween hunt kills, and opening trick or treat bags. Synergy!

Easy steps for anyone confused:

This can be done on every character, every few hours.

• Get the candy corn powered detector, south side of orange circle in LA, from the NPC that has a pumpkin over her head. I won't list scavenger hunt locations here, but they're close to these spots. So read the clues or check the other thread.
  • LA diving board gives 5 ToT bags. It's in the southwest corner of LA. Use Scan 1, interact with thing, and quickly jump through rings.
  • Warp to Queensdale, hit the 4 locations there in the graveyard. Details in OP link.
  • If your character level can handle it, hit the Kessex/Gendarren spots too.

Should be able to quickly wrack up a lot of event progress!

Last edited:
Back