Tuesday PvP

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
We are going to do more of a Balanced Build Tuesday night. We need this and we may teek it a bit:

1 Shock Warrior
1 Choking Gas Ranger
1 Shockwave Warder
2 Starburst ele (Ele/Mes)
1 RC/Prot Monk
1 WoH/Hp Monk
1 SB/Infuse Monk

This is the Build I won the Hall with figure we can get some good practice with this build. If we cannot quite run that Build we will replace Warrior and/Or Ranger with Starburst Ele.

BTW I will try and get my Mic working not sure what is up with it.

I can fill the ranger or any of the ele positions. In a pinch, I could do the other as well, but I'm not as familiar with them. It might be a good opportunity for me to learn though.

Also, I'd like to see us work with and stay with one build for a little while. Lets cycle through the positions a little and learn how to work together and how each position works before moving on to something else.

Excellent idea, Derk. I'd like more practice with the ele, first, if that's all right. My spiking is still a bit rough.

Yeah that is why I am not doing ViM I am sticking with Balanced :)
btw I dont have an El Cheapo Headset I have a Plantronic GameComm Pro 1 which is their best model :). I am hoping to get them to send me a new one!

I might be late tonight, have to work and then have to study for a test. I am pretty sure i can do all of those but the warder.

EDIT: I will be on time! haha i pwned taht homework.

Last edited:
A few links I thought would be helpful as we set up:

1 Shock Warrior
1 Choking Gas Ranger
1 Shockwave Warder
2 Starburst ele (Ele/Mes)
1 RC/Prot Monk
1 WoH/Hp Monk
1 SB/Infuse Monk

I couldn't find an article for the RC/Prot Monk.

Also, some of these articles are a little outdated or might need to be modified slightly for the team build. Please feel free to add to or update the articles as we go.

I'd like to make use of that catalog of builds as the standard. Hopefully, the Nightfall template files will not be locked to an account or character and we can eventually post a set of 8 templates for each team build.

I can't imagine that they'd be exclusive to a character/account. I mean, if they were, what would the sense be of making them seperate files?

I agree, but the only reason I can see is they figure this will save on game database by storing the files offline. There are other features (like friends list) that may be able to be expanded by storing them on the computer instead of the online database.

Just a quick report out on last night's results.

We seemed to be plagued with disconnects and had a hard time getting a full team into an actual match. That and adapting to a different build gave us some difficulties.

After we finally seemed to have a good team going, we ran into a few good spike teams and lost, although we put up a good fight.

Finally, we had one good, well fought match that we won pretty handily with a flawless victory. This was the start of our last run of the night. Unfortunately, it ended in the second round when we skipped to the first altar map and faced "Lasers Go Pew Pew [Pew]". For those of you who don't recognize the name, that guild has won the Hall of Heroes quite often and had an excellent and very well timed spike.

Oh well, 1 fame for the night.

Just a quick report out on last night's results.

We seemed to be plagued with disconnects and had a hard time getting a full team into an actual match. That and adapting to a different build gave us some difficulties.

My apologies for Dea and I suddenly disappearing - every once in a while our modem suddenly decides to stop communicating with the router. When this happens it is necessary to:

1 - Re-connect the modem directly to the main computer
2 - Re-configure the modem for PPP rather than 'slave mode'
3 - Establish a working connection
4- Set the modem back to slave mode
4 - Re-connect the router and hope it kisses and makes up with the modem.

Last night as I was going through these steps I was particularly tired and brain-dead, and I forgot that the brown ethernet cable no longer goes to the main computer - which lead me to believe the modem was fried since it was not only unresponsive but was furthermore emitting the faint aroma of eau de burning silicon - which lead me to send Dea off looking for the spare modem which we could never find. When I finally completed step 3 above and Dea got back on TS, I was so glad you'd managed to complete the team without us. I was definitely ready to go to bed.

Again, sorry about the problem - it only happens once every month or two and next time I should be able to get it resolved a lot faster.

Paul

It's ok, we figured your internet dropped since there was 2 "Member Left" TS messages at the same time. That sounded kinda cool, actually. :D

We got SP into the group, and somebody else (Was that when we got Make Ya All Better? Don't remember...)

No worries dorkelf. It wasn't just the 2 of you getting booted. After we regrouped, we had 2 more tries that had different people ER7 out. I'm just glad I didn't get one of those "out of memory" errors I seem to be getting so many of lately. Last night was the first in a long time that I haven't gotten one.

Also, I tried playing a WoH/HP Monk a try at the beginning last night. That was really a different experience. I'm used to the direct/indirect damage dealer type professions. I'd like to try monk again sometime just to get more experience with it, but I'm not sure it will be a favorite of mine. It does give a greater appreciation for the job done by group members though!

:) Yes I do not like Monking I know I am better than Average at it but doing it in PvP or PvE is rough It takes a special Person to love doing it!

I have also noticed that some people didn't have the right runes on and what not like myself. I didn't have a Supior rune of axe on my SHock Warrior but now I got that all squared away. There was some other person that servent said had 2 Superior runes on them witch is a negative 100 HP. I think stuff like this and not having the right monk was part of the problem too. I think if we still stick with this build we will get better!

BY the way I had a Blast!

:) Yes I do not like Monking I know I am better than Average at it but doing it in PvP or PvE is rough It takes a special Person to love doing it!

I have a feeling you would like the paragon :p

I am still debating which character to make first.....

Back