Too much profanity?

Downloaded the new ad-on with no trouble. I ran through the Passing campaign last night and it seems to be working just fine.

We also downloaded it and it seems to be working great!! I think you got them all didn't hear anything.

I've noticed some sound glitches (like feedback or something) when some of the changed sounds try to play. Does anyone else get that?

Kind of a high pitched squeal? Yeah. It seems to happen in the Safe Rooms a lot. But I'm used to it...same thing happened with L4D1 with a sound mod installed. Never found an explanation for it, tho.

I'm going to bet it is because I replaced a long sound file with a blank sound file (3Kb). When it goes to play the blank sound file it probably stretches it out over the duration reserved for the long file.

A potential fix would be to use an editing program and edit the offending sound to blank (with the correct duration). However, I have no intention of doing this. It was tedious enough to replace the files, I have no inclination to go in and edit each one. There are far too many. I'll live with the non-offensive squeal.

I suppose it is about time to post it on a mod site (squeal and all). I'll try to do it this weekend if I find the time.

I tested the link and it works. I wasn't even signed in. I did not download though (I don't have L4D2).

I suppose it is about time to post it on a mod site (squeal and all). I'll try to do it this weekend if I find the time.
Patriot, would you mind posting a new thread with a current download link for the profanity filter, along with a brief description?

If/when you do, Whon or I can close this thread and post a link to this thread in the new thread to keep things more organized.

Will do. I just submitted it to L4Dmods.com but have to wait up to 72 hours for approval. When it gets approved (assuming it is) I will make the new post.

Thanks for the patch!

I just wanted to give you a huge pat on the back! My sons (ages 5,9 and 11) all love scary games and do not get disturbed by gore and violence.

However, we have noticed they pick up words and use them with friends. So we don't let them watch/play anything with adult language.

Now we can log into our steam accounts and enjoy capping evil dead as a family.

Kudos!

I did notice that a recent Steam update broke or at least partially broke the add-on.

Or maybe I just need to re-initialize the add-on somehow?

I noticed it as well about a week ago but was too lazy to track down the problem. I really haven't been playing L4D2 lately and hearing the language again has me staying even further away from it. If Valve is going to break my fixes every so often, I'm not real motivated to try to keep up. . .

Back