ToJ membership musts?

hehe...well, to some extent I am still a British subject and I suppose that is why I understood it. We Canucks use the Royal we as well, please see the first word of this sentance.
smile.gif

Drinking tea in Britain is not Genetic...only your parents and yourself catch you on to this thing

lol. don think many ppl here are british. i think we're all in the US. *rizz looks around. sees noone*

Well, I was born in Cambridge, UK. Lived prolly for 9 years there. Moved here as my dad is in the USAF.

I have both accents tho, so if I ever wanna go rounds with rizz I can handle his jabber with my own accent
smile.gif
A southern one at that(southern uk you know
tounge.gif
)

Oh wow How did the subject change, from being a Christian to where you are located?

Here is what I have to say about being a Christian. Do you all know the opportunity we are having in witnessing. For Jesus says in Mark;

Mk 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phix @ Jan. 07 2005,1:09)]I have both accents tho, so if I ever wanna go rounds with rizz I can handle his jabber with my own accent
smile.gif
A southern one at that(southern uk you know
tounge.gif
)
Coming from a Navy family myself, I have been to all corners of America, so any way that Americans talk... you know
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh wow How did the subject change, from being a Christian to where you are located?

Its called, Humor, or what I call it, Raising Morale.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]lol. don think many ppl here are british. i think we're all in the US. *rizz looks around. sees noone*

Just cause people live somewhere, doesnt mean their purely something.

I'm 55% canadian, 43% french and 2% chinese, doesnt mean I'm purely canadian.

Heres a question for you, trust;

Someone wants to be a ToJ, saying their christian, you trust them on your faith, ok.  Yet, you dont know if their lying or telling the truth.  So, the new ToJer would start swearing/cussing when no one is around(mainly the admins), you would need a witness to prove they swore/cussed.

How can you trust on your faith when u dont even know if they are/are not Christian?

PS: Who erased this post!?

[/QUOTE]How can you trust on your faith when u dont even know if they are/are not Christian?
When I signed up to become a member of the TOJ I had to give my testimony. Well as I understood it that means you tell how you come to except Jesus as your personnel Savior.
Just like in any church we don't know if all the members are really Christians. As the matter of fact my Pastor talked about it briefly in his sermon last night, that at times we are deceived.
So we just have to trust in each other to tell the truth.

For me, the value of ToJ is that it is a Christian gaming community/clan. That's why I was drawn to it in the first place, and if that changes.. well.. I may have to re-evaluate my membership.
rock.gif

RED is right, we have a fantastic opportunity to witness in each of the many games we play. And here we are, discussing if people really need to be Christians to join our Christian clan?
sad.gif

Maybe we need to take a step back and look at ourselves for a moment...

ToJ is not a church, ToJ is a fellowship of Christians who happen to have a similiar interes: being gamers. In a sense, membership in the tribe is the same as that which it is to achieve eternal life...God set up the guidelines.

And ToJ, is not a clan. If you wish to set up a Christian clan that allows non-believing members, you are free to do so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] And here we are, discussing if people really need to be Christians to join our Christian clan?

This was never up for debate, this is a christian clan. "some people" just like to annoy me by questioning the application process and how its possible to determine if someone is a chrisitan from one paragraph.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote  
And ToJ,is not a clan.

this is a christian clan.

Okay....Now I'm confused

Expect the Unexpected, James, expect the unexpected...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And ToJ, is not a clan.  If you wish to set up a Christian clan that allows non-believing members, you are free to do so.

All the 3 1/2 out of 4 Christian comunities I joined, I had the be a Christian, heh.  And I havent seen/heard any recent ones that accepts non-believing members. Strict by the book, heh.

The half just means, it was hard in my recent position.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]how its possible to determine if someone is a chrisitan from one paragraph.

Ask them Christian questions: How did Jesus Died? Why did Jesus died for your sins? What is a Bible? etc...

Judge a tree by it's fruit. Anyone can say they are a Christian (e.g. Britanny Spears) but look how they act.

Judge a tree by it's fruit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Judge a tree by it's fruit. Anyone can say they are a Christian (e.g. Britanny Spears) but look how they act.

Judge a tree by it's fruit.

I judge a tree by its roots, heh. I prefer inner beauty than outer beauty; inner self than outer self; fact than faction, etc.

In a Christian's perspective, they may not look Christian, but they sure say about it alot...

...so, if they dont swear/cuss, somewhat honest and isnt against what they believe in, then I believe their Christian, for a moment.

Btw, very nice profile, James.
wink.gif

Those are certainly good qualities, and I am a firm supporter of them. Being a Christian is more than that though... The very word Christian means "Christlike" as in "a follower of Christ", "a deciple of Christ."

If being a Christian was just about, as you say, not cussing, being somewhat honest and not going against what they believe in, then every person on the planet would be a Christian.

Look at the word itself, without Christ being first it all falls apart, and that is true in our lives as well.

And finally, just to show that I'm not all wet on the "Judge a tree by its fruit" issue:

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.

A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 7:15 - 7:21)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]very nice profile, James

Thanks. I know I didn't fill a lot in, but if someone is really curious about me they can go to my website and read more than they ever wanted to know.  
laugh.gif

Back