ToJ LoL chapter

Would you like to have a ToJ LoL chapter?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I want Mostly_Harmless to come back to starcraft in order to shampoo my zerglings...

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you know how I voted.... I would like more time to play sc2.

This poll is a complete sham and mockery!

Zerg creatures don't have hair to shampoo. >=|

/writes the president/and/or Tek

I still need to install this game. Muchly. I even created an account.

/sucks at being a PC gamer

Is LoL fun?

No...well...IMO no...unless the game has changed dramatically from Beta, I got tired of just running a hero back and forth from a position in order to take it...that is not fun... RETREAT!...ATTACK!...RETREAT!...ATTACK!...WIN!... :confused:

No...well...IMO no...unless the game has changed dramatically from Beta, I got tired of just running a hero back and forth from a position in order to take it...that is not fun... RETREAT!...ATTACK!...RETREAT!...ATTACK!...WIN!... :confused:

The first 2 days i started playing I hated LoL with a passion and was angry at danny for making me download it. I could never get any kills and anything I did got me killed. Playing against real people is difficult. No one likes being killed over and over and not getting any points. This is the same reason why a few of my friends dropped out of UT 3 because the game was too hard for them and they couldn't get any kills. LoL is all about communication and teamwork. I am not a big team player and that's why it took me so long to get used to this game, but once you have a good communication through TS 3 going, you will get kills and have a much better time with the game.

And oh my gosh....Everyones voting for me to come back to test on animals (Zerglings) : )

The first 2 days i started playing I hated LoL with a passion and was angry at danny for making me download it. I could never get any kills and anything I did got me killed. Playing against real people is difficult. No one likes being killed over and over and not getting any points. This is the same reason why a few of my friends dropped out of UT 3 because the game was too hard for them and they couldn't get any kills. LoL is all about communication and teamwork. I am not a big team player and that's why it took me so long to get used to this game, but once you have a good communication through TS 3 going, you will get kills and have a much better time with the game.

And oh my gosh....Everyones voting for me to come back to test on animals (Zerglings) : )

Oh...teamwork...hmm...I never played on a team...LoL... :D

I think a LoL chapter would be good. There's moderate interest in the game, so I think it could be relatively successful. And it's cheap.

I think a LoL chapter would be good. There's moderate interest in the game, so I think it could be relatively successful. And it's cheap.

It's not cheap it's free dude. lol. I know at least 10+ toj users who play almost on a daily basis...We have more toj over there now than in sc ii.

Well, there's a lot of people playing the game, and free is great. I'd think we would just need to keep encouraging some of our clan mates to play the game and if it keeps up then maybe. There's a lot of extra work that goes on around here to bring a new chapter to life.

LoL is the best dota based game there is...i hated dota on wc3 and HoN is a joke imo, but LoL is surprisingly well done and has basically taken me away from sc2. LoL is more relaxing and fun, not so much like a chore as sc2.

But but but what about Valve's DOTA, that's going to stomp everything. x]

I've never played this game before, but it looks interesting...may have to give it a go.

But but but what about Valve's DOTA, that's going to stomp everything. x]
I'm assuming Keero is being somewhat sarcastic, but what he says holds some merit.

If Valve's Dota2 game is equal to or better than League of Legends, then it will gain a larger player base because of Valve's brand recognition, greater marketing budget, and the fact that the game is retail (i.e. costs money) instead of free.

I'm not opposed to a LoL chapter, but if the player base evaporates when Dota2 is released, then we'll have to either rename the chapter or close down. According to Wikipedia (I know, I know), Dota2 is supposed to be released in 2011. I don't think anyone on the planet would be surprised if a Valve game delayed got to the next year, but a 2011 is possible (in the strictest definition of the word "possible").

So there are pros and cons.

But before we even measure the pros and cons, we need someone to volunteer as Chapter Leader. Mostly_Harmless has done a great job as UT Chapter Leader, but I prefer staff members to leave one and only one chapter at a time. There's no hard rule against the same person leading two chapters, but it puts that person at greater risk of burnout.

Just some things to think over.

Am I the only one who saw this thread and automatically wondered if we were planning on training stand-up-comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back