To B or not to B?

Andro

I've searched though past posts and can't find if there is a B-team or not.  I'm new at this, so forgive me if I've missed something.

Yes, we have had two teams before. Your searches didn't come up with anything because they were actually called Seals and Rangers back then.

But as someone who has been apart of ToJ for several years now and been apart of several other clans over the years. The formation of a B team will be highly dependant on a dedicated leader leading a group of dedicated members willing to put forth the time and effort required to make a second team succesful.

Commitment being the keyword here.

Saying "I would like to be on the B-Team" and "I'll make it to practices each week and strive to make the B-Team competitive" are two very different things.

Just some food for thought.

I recall Dead_Aim (micah) trying to lead a new team, and being turned down. To get a new team, we need commitment and determination
smile.gif
i know some are eager to join a team, but being too left out etc. i joined Fls, but still proud to be part of ToJ.

I recently have gotten into the PC version of Counterstrike and I'd be interested in maybe playing for a B team (I doubt I'd be good enough for the A team). I don't know if I'd have the time to lead a group but I would be able to make it to a practice once a week and whatnot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Mar. 14 2004,12:29)]I recall Dead_Aim (micah) trying to lead a new team, and being turned down. To get a new team, we need commitment and determination
smile.gif
i know some are eager to join a team, but being too left out etc. i joined Fls, but still proud to be part of ToJ.
actually albert, me n micah did make a team with a couple of ToJ, .fls. and hs. (heavens soldiers since has died and assassin is ub3r l337 =P). but again, no one had commitment or maturity =/

So, I take that as a NO, there is not another *cough B* team.  Would anyone be willing and able to start another team?  If no one whats to do it, I will.  I've never been on a CS team or clan before and I would really like to be on one.  It doesn't have to have the greatest players, just dedicated people.  I have the time and energy, since I finished school in December and unemployed and looking for a job at the moment.

The B team idea got replaced by internal tournaments since they demanded less commitment. Please take a look at my site for some info. We are holding the scout tourney this friday if the server is fixed. I could do with someone to help me run it since i have timezone problems.. If you want to help then drop me a line. I think the CS chapter isnt ready for another team just yet. But if the tourneys prove successful on a regular basis it would show the chapter had the commitment to at least attempt another team.

So, a second team has to be OKed by toj? Or, can there by an unofficial group of people meeting to play/scrim against.....whomever?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Mar. 16 2004,12:01)]i think any team would have to be sanctioned by the CS leaders...
Yes, this is true.

If you want to have a official "B" team, you will have to talk with the Counter-strike chapter leaders and get their approval.

However, if you want to pick up some ToJ guys and go play in a scrim, then by all means go ahead and do that.

You should first learn the rules and reg's of CAL so that way you know how things will work, otherwise you may have a hard time finding opponents
tounge.gif

Before we take this idea to the CS leaders, who here can say that they would want to be on a "B" team? My idea for it is that we play together every so often, maybe play a scrim here and there (possibly offer the other team someone to scrim against when they need a team to play). Also if you think you'd like to be on this team say if you know all the CAL rules and whatnot. I can say I want to be on this team, am willing to put in a night or two of practice a week, but I don't really know the CAL rules so I'd have to learn (but I'm willing to do that).

oh oh OH!!! I wanna be on the team! MEMEMEME

oh wait I'm already on a-team... DOH
tounge.gif

oh well, if yall ever need any help starting out I'd be happy to give yalls a hand, well lemme know!

babo babo babo

lol

i think you would need an admin and someone who is of high standing in toj to create a team...

Well then, let's start an "unofficial" team!! Please respond to this with your name and contact info. I will then make a list and email everyone with everyone's contact info. We can then start practicing and working through stratigies or whatnot
smile.gif
Then when the times comes, when we have a core group of dedicated guys we'll through ourselves prostrate before the great leaders of ToJ and humbly ask for their permission to be a fully-sactioned, "official" team.
biggrin.gif

eh count me in but till i hear word from Tek7 on this i really aint promising anything.

Back