Thursday Thanksgiving 2010

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Abba started the question in Verse of The Day, but I had already planned something like this, so Happy Thanksgiving. Name 3 things you have to be thankful for today. And because it should be on the top of the list, and keep everybody from shortcutting I will say we should all be thankful for the saving grace of God.

1. We could afford to bring our daughter, son-in-law, and the grandkids up for the Christmas Holiday.

2. Despite being on a very limited fixed budget I still get the medical care I need.

3. Marriage of 35 years to the same wonderful, beautiful lady that has lasted some severe storms, and that God has put His blessings on.:)

1. Got our first house this year.
2. Pregnancy going perfectly so far, expecting a sweet baby girl in February.
3. A loving husband.

Feeling truly blessed. =)

1. Even though this past year has been one of devastating losses and uncertainty, God has still found a way to keep me happy and hopeful throughout, even against my own will because I was trying really hard to hold on to my irritation and grumpiness at times.

2. Being disabled, I lost a lot of my healthcare that I depended on when California went broke. God responded by spontaneously healing me from one of my conditions (hyperthyroidism) that I could no longer get adequate care for, and it's not just the healing that was important, but the reminder that God is indeed more powerful than circumstances and willing to intercede for us when necessary.

3. Because of the efforts and blessings of CGA and GFC, I have a place I can fellowship with other believers and have friends and a place to serve God in spite of my limitations in the "real world" that hinder me in pursuing these things by more traditional means. Even though it is just the internet and not meant to be a substitute for the real thing, it still makes a difference.

Last edited:
  1. A wonderful wife
  2. A healthy little baby girl set to make her debut in February
  3. Provision: Food, shelter, and water
  4. BONUS: The ability to gather with other believers and study the Bible, both in person and online, without fear of bodily harm or legal or military retribution.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

1. I am thankful for God and who He is, what He has done, is doing and will do.
2. I am thankful for my family and pets.
3. I am thankful for my health.

Thank you Jesus, Amen.

‎"Idolaters thank God only for the 'stuff' He gives them. True God thankers are content with simply thanking God for being God, even if He never gave them anything. God is not defined by what He gives, what He gives is defined by who He is." ~ Greis Vllahu

1) College life and learning so much more than I could've imagined (Japanese is da best!)
2) CGA and CCGR communities, great people all around.
3) Family and a warm place to live in a cold state.

Last edited:
Back