Thursday, April 22nd 2010

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."

Philippians 2:1-4

Wow - I was talking about this passage with someone about an hour ago. Maybe God has a message for me.

It's amazing how much life is put into perspective when you take the time out to humble yourself, and help others. I really miss experiencing that, and having the desire to truly help others.

Thinking back on The Screwtape Letters, I think Satan has hidden that need for us to help others by making us busy. If we're busy, we're incapable of making the right judgments and wise decisions, and I think sometimes we should just take a step back and make the effort to provide for friends and enemies (and those in-between who we don't notice). Here is where I think a random act of kindness goes a long way; it breaks down that barrier a little bit that Satan is constructing, it helps the person you've taken the time to notice/acknowledge, and allows you to see life through God's eyes a little bit, instead of our selfish own.

Last edited:
It has been a while since I read Screwtape Letters - but I think you may be right - our busy-ness may well be Satan's plan for our lives.

This some of the reasoning behind my own post for the week as well. I think I've been too busy worrying about just following rules lately that I haven't been getting much of actual conseqence done.

Back