Thinking of going for the 3DS now...

Logos

Hey guys, just some thoughts. Now that the 3DS has dropped in price, I am really THINKING of getting it. Of course I would trade my DS Lite in and a few games I don't play anymore, but I dunno...I am still wondering if I should wait. Any thoughts?

True...I was just looking at the list and most of the good ones are not coming out till atleast next year.

Even after the price drop, I still advise waiting until a second generation model. The 3DS library is still weak overall and a Nintendo handheld is bound to see a second model (GBA -> GBA SP > GBA Micro, DS -> DS Lite -> DSi -> DSi XL).

EDIT: I'd also advise against trading in your DS Lite. IIRC, you only bought it a few months ago. There's no way you've had a chance to play through all the fantastic games in the DS library in that time, even if you spent all of your waking hours playing DS games. Even when it comes time to buy a 3DS, the DS Lite has the advantage of NOT being region locked, unlike the DSi and 3DS.

And yes, I'll say it again: Region locking consoles or handhelds in 2011 is unnecessary and ridiculous. Some of the best DS games (e.g. Last Windows: Secret of Cape West) were not published in North America.

Last edited:
I have a 3ds, I highly recommend it.
Great titles,
Starfox
Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil Revelations (for ADULTS ONLY!)
Kid Icarus
Mario kart 7 (the online wifi ranked is amazingly well done)

Coming Titles that you should want

Some kind of Wireless Online Monster Hunter (drooooling)
Paper Mario

Lastly
I play Pokemon White and Soul Silver still (fiancee has my old DS and now plays Heart Gold with me, great times)

Back