The next update...

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Teamfortress.com has posted a blog update by the Pyro. It includes a link to the TF2 movies page and in morse code it translates to "Monday". Clear your calendar and git ready caus somethin's a comein'.

For those who do not know most big Valve updates come with several days of item/map/meet the video announcements culminating with the actually content release on Thursday.

Also of all things unfortunately Valve has teamed up with, gag, Adult Swim for "something". Read the news here. I'd imagine most people are thinking "free item if you sign up before it hits" but bear in mind you'll have to put up with being on the adult swim mailing list. I did sign up but plan to uncheck the "send me e-mail" boxes after a couple weeks. Hopefully it will work.

Last edited:
Teamfortress.com has posted a blog update by the Pyro. It includes a link to the TF2 movies page and in morse code it translates to "Monday". Clear your calendar and git ready caus somethin's a comein'.

For those who do not know most big Valve updates come with several days of item/map/meet the video announcements culminating with the actually content release on Thursday.

Also of all things unfortunately Valve has teamed up with, gag, Adult Swim for "something". Read the news here. I'd imagine most people are thinking "free item if you sign up before it hits" but then you'll have to put up with being on the adult swim mailing list.

I like Adult Swim so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a TF2 cartoon!

[toj.cc]phantom;455690 said:
I like Adult Swim so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a TF2 cartoon!

It would most undoubtedly be better than almost everything else on there I'll give you that.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about getting you rcon, I'll get to it.

It would most undoubtedly be better than almost everything else on there I'll give you that.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about getting you rcon, I'll get to it.

I mostly watch the Toonami block Saturday for the anime and I enjoy Venture Bros. and Metalocalypse but that's really about it...oh and Robot Chicken too!

P.S. Thats cool take your time.

It hath begun 3 days of announcements shall be forthcoming before the Burninator is loosed upon TF2. Bewarez!

Team Fortress Blog said:
...suffice it to say the band that wrote 'Safety Dance' has the most unthinkably offensive name we've ever heard.

Valve can make adorable comments on occasion :p. So does it make me a child of the 80's that I knew the name of the band without looking? I mean who would forget a music video with a dwarf anyway.

Note: Valve makes small comment on blog = youtube video instantly gets Valve comments and hits XD .

Last edited:
I'm just glad that big updates don't drop on Tuesdays so we can still, ya know, play the game on TF2sday.

Though I know I'll be playing Thursday or Friday, too.

Valve says...

Valve said:
Keep your eyes open, folks. We'll be announcing a bunch of new stuff this week, right up until the premiere of Meet the Pyro this Wednesday.

Hmmmm usually they release on Thursdays. Did they not have enough content to reach it? Nice to be getting a new game mode though, it's what TF2 needed most right now.

I do know they will be adding the new community submitted Pyro gun because it said on the blog.

Last edited:
There is an hour and nine minutes on the Pyro clock. but I am still wondering if the actual update will be tomorrow or today. I base this on not receiving a notice via the Valve mailing list (which generally tells you hours before hand).

Going to sleep a bit now as even if the update hits I don't think many will be available to play until after school/work which will be night.

If I do need to update our server I'll put a password on to keep space for regulars. Though Toj/CGA people should feel free to invite your friends to join even if not in Toj. Password will be teenoj (in honor of Toj's new teenager status :p)

I must say Meet the Pyro is awesome, positively Gerbilific! Very happy they did not reveal what/who the Pyro is because then the Pyro cannot be everything to everyone. All the talk would and jokes would stop. The Pyro remains the everyman "lunatic" of Team Fortress 2 just the way it always should, only now the Pyro has sparkles, literary :p. Currently looking for easter eggs secrets :p.

I'm excited about Source filmmaker too. It is going to make my numerous machima dreams so much more possible. Now if I could only get an invite!

I wonder if Pyrovision actually works or is it a put on? It reminds me of the idea I had for a Demoman item which, among other effects, made the teams appear as pink and blue elephants while intoxicated.

Edit: The blog says the update is live but the mailing list said nothing. Also Steam appears to be doing nothing on my client or maybe having an embolism trying to get people the update. If I get the server up the password will be teenoj as mentioned.

Last edited:
And currently it is updating on my computer but it didn't start till 920ish and has not gone any faster than 60kb so yeah embolism

Last edited:
I'd imagine the update is still overloading everyone's servers as normal. Our server still has not come back up. In fact I could not get our server to show via Steam even before I reset it so Steam is overloaded.

To quote Valve's blog...
Valve said:
The third and final day of Pyromania is here, and the update is now live! New new items! New achievements! A new game mode! Pyrovision! Bongos! It's all live right now!

Edit: Ah Saudi updated the server that's why it was not showing good job there. My client has done nothing to update yet itself.
Edit: Wait it's going finally!

Last edited:
I imagine its going as slow or slower than my computer is updating TF2. Currently updating at 5kbs "___"

My updating got about a fourth of the way then stopped. I think the way it works is content servers round robin to other clients so everyone gets a little bit. On the plus side I finally got the Valve e-mail which details the update...

Valve said:
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Added ConVars sv_rcon_maxpacketsize and sv_rcon_maxpacketbans to allow server admins to control the maximum RCON packet size and whether or not users get banned for exceeding that limit. The defaults reflect the existing behavior.
- Fixed not being able to import custom spray images on Macs
- Fixed Macs cancelling http map downloads that take longer than 30 seconds

Team Fortress 2
- Added Pyrovision!
- Added new game mode Special Delivery and map Doomsday!
- Friendly players glow when carrying the flag
- Fixed rare cases where flag could fall out of the world
- Fixed cases where the Payload HUD looked like the cart is still on a hill when it isn't
- Fixed cases where some clients didn't receive broadcasts about long continuous particle effects being started or stopped
- Updated the HTML renderer for displaying server MOTD
- Votes created by a dedicated server no longer trigger a failed vote cooldown
- Fixed map triggered annotation events not working on dedicated servers
- Fixed the game crashing if tempents are created that use invalid materials
- Using a Name Tag while in game notifies everyone of the name change
- Fixed Strange Part: Projectiles Reflected not tracking grenade and sentry rocket deflections
- Added new items
* City on Fire item sets
* Pyroland weapons and cosmetics
* Community-contributed cosmetic items for all classes
* Mysterious treasures have been incinerated, but are now craftable
* Added crafting recipe for Pile of Ash
* Scorched Keys are now available in the store for a limited time
* New promo item
- Weapon balancing changes
* Gloves of Running Urgently
* Removed self-damage over time penalty
* Heavy takes mini-crits while active and for 3 seconds after switching away
* Attack damage penalty reduced from -50% to -25%
* Tomislav
* Spin-up speed bonus reduced from +40% to +10%
* Quick-Fix
* Medic mirrors blast jump of their heal target
* Crusader's Crossbow
* Reload speed time reduced by +40%
* Cozy Camper
* Regenerates 1 heath per second
* Reduced movement penalty from -90% to -80%
* Sticky Jumper and Rocket Jumper
* Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps
* The Concheror
* Changed rage building source from "damage done and damage received" to only "damage done"
* Increased the rate at which Rage builds for this item by +25%
* The Equalizer
* Removed player move speed modification and added it to a new item named The Escape Plan
* All owners of the Equalizer will be automatically granted The Escape Plan
* Crit-a-Cola
* Added +25% increased movement speed while active
* Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds
* Atomic Bonk
* Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds
* All Flamethrowers
* Increased base damage by +10%.
* Backburner
* Removed +10% damage bonus attribute
* Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged
* Degreaser
* Added -10% damage penalty attribute
* Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged
* Phlogistinator
* Damage defense while taunting reduced from -90% to -75%
- Item bug fixes
* Fixed sentry sometimes spawning in shielded mode while the Wrangler was equipped, but not deployed
* Improved visual and audio cues for when the Manmelter is ready to fire
* Fixed Manmelter being able to earn crits via friendly Pyro self-damage
* Fixed Scotch Bonnet's blue team skin not showing
* Fixed Unarmed Combat's taunt not working
* Unarmed Combat's color now matches the team using it
* Fixed the Apparition's Aspect showing a burning texture in DX8

Hey Saudi is your video card still messed up?

Edit: Lots of things in that update. This looks interesting...

Valve said:
* Quick-Fix
* Medic mirrors blast jump of their heal target

If it does what I think it does it makes the quick-fix useful for some shenanigans.

Valve said:
* The Equalizer
* Removed player move speed modification and added it to a new item named The Escape Plan
* All owners of the Equalizer will be automatically granted The Escape Plan

So what does the Equalizer do now, just have a higher dps at low health? If so they need to return/up the damage back to what it was long ago to be useful again.

Last edited:
Nope. I got a new setup:

AMD FX8150
CROSSHAIR Formula V Motherboard
60 SSD
620 watt psu

GTX 550 ti that runs super cool (hasn't gotten above 55c)
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-OC-PCI-Ex...TF8&qid=1340849641&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+550+ti

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/haf912/home.php

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I gave the GTX 260 to my uncle who is using it now after he put thermal paste on the GPU (it should not have been running at all) and some other part on the video card. I've had driver crashes with this card but the driver recovers. I'm using beta drivers right now and it hasn't happened since. It has crashed before just watching a movie but it recovered almost instantly.

Also I took the SSD out of my laptop as right after I got the new parts together the hard drive died. Sometime I will be getting a new keyboard and a bigger SSD, but I'm taking of school stuff first. First. World. Problem.

Last edited:
Oh apparently I can't play for an hour and a half...why does it matter if the Valve servers are busy when it comes to just starting the game? This is ridiculous!

Nope. I got a new setup:

AMD FX8150
CROSSHAIR Formula V Motherboard
60 SSD
620 watt psu

GTX 550 ti that runs super cool (hasn't gotten above 55c)
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-OC-PCI-Ex...TF8&qid=1340849641&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+550+ti

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/haf912/home.php

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I gave the GTX 260 to my uncle who is using it now after he put thermal paste on the GPU (it should not have been running at all) and some other part on the video card. I've had driver crashes with this card but the driver recovers. I'm using beta drivers right now and it hasn't happened since. It has crashed before just watching a movie but it recovered almost instantly.

Also I took the SSD out of my laptop as right after I got the new parts together the hard drive died. Sometime I will be getting a new keyboard and a bigger SSD, but I'm taking of school stuff first. First. World. Problem.

Sweet! Ok so it's updating but have you have you run TF2 on it yet?

EVGA recently replaced my old video card with the one same one you got (but not OC). Having had to send in my old 8800 card 3 times in 4 years I was feeling a bit unimpressed with EVGA but they came through finally. Supposedly my old lifetime warranty was transferred over to the new card to the new card too. Just hoping I never have to use it again.

Back