The map-making thread

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
American_Brit, Eltolad, Corp.fox and I were kicking around a few ideas for Starcraft maps the other night in public chat christians so I thought I'd create this thread and ask everyone to brainstorm ideas for a map.

Please post your ideas here, and let's get to work on the greatest Starcraft map yet!

Thankyou So much for the idea Tek! that'd help Joelius and I to create maps that others actually like
biggrin.gif

To 'enhance' this post, answering some of these Q's in your replies would be nice

How many Player map?
Ground rushes possible?
How big of a map(ex.128x128)?
Money Map?
Speed Mineral H4x? (say no cause i dont know how lol)
Usable for tvb?
Usable for ffa?
Use map settings map?
rock.gif

[Anything else I cant think of]

thx
smile.gif

Thanks for the Q%A Joelius

Q:How many Player map?
A:6/8 player map, how many? urs to decide
biggrin.gif

Q:Ground rushes possible?
A:Yes/No I don't think its not of a concern
Q:How big of a map(ex.128x128)?
A:128X128 or 192x192
Q:Money Map?
A:No we'd like to learn to expand a bit, and get some 1337 skills. But when ur making a Shared base map? make it Money map
Q:Speed Mineral H4x? (say no cause i dont know how lol)
A:Definitely NOT! I do not know how to make 1000 minerals in one place, but this editor lets u place lots of monierals like real close.. i concider that n00bish
Q:Usable for tvb?
A:tvb as map setting yes. tvb as shared base? change to ums (Use Map Setting)
Q:Usable for ffa?
A:sure why not? unless making a shared base map
Q:Use map settings map?
A: When making a Shared base map. yes... Shared base could be nice for a lil tag team war
biggrin.gif

Sharedbase= []<-- each player's start point.. UMS!

| [] [] [] |
| |
| |
| [] [] [] |

thanks flash, did you want to work on a map together or something? I noticed you said "that'd help Joelius and I to create maps." whatever you want to do is fine with me.

btw, did you ever get my map?

I think we should work seperately, try out both maps, and let some one like Dead_Aim decide which one to use. Or we can use both of them by votes or watever
tounge.gif

I did get ur map, but never got to test it yet, It sounds great though, I need to install SC, but i hav to format my comp soon again
wow.gif
tounge.gif

man flash, your comp must be like my cuz's: its needs a format every 2 months like a car needs an oil change every 2000 miles
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
lol.

On a more serious note, i'm prolly gonna make a non-money version of desert storm. Im also going to attempt to draw up a 6 or 8 player version of the map...(dont expect in your inbox tommorrow...lol).
tounge.gif

Naaa i jus like formatting i dunno y.. if ur cousin is using RD Ram, he will hav to format it alot.. it needs to in order to i think..

me=DDR Ram, but likes to format.
tounge.gif

"it needs to in order to i think.." -what?

actually he has the same mobo we do
smile.gif

-Make sure you hurry up and install sc on this fresh format...I'm up for a game against you on my map
cool.gif

noooo i haven't even seen that map before.. i'll probably end up leaving an open space making a choke point for me
sad.gif
lol besides, me is a n00b

The way to become 1337 in StarCraft is knowing the map. Each map has a choke point.. u know
tounge.gif
and each places on the map has different advantages and disadvantages.. If u have no clue what those are and where they are, u are totally doomed because u'll soon be making a useless defense in place where no one comes. Usually befo playin, i try the map out, or i study it using the map editor
cool.gif

me so dumb.. I forgot im the moderator.. *pinned the topic my self* lol

That means it'll hav similar choke points... good i'll hav to study after the format process. i may get it done by this week
smile.gif

-lol

-btw i am going up north this saturday... so i will be absent from the cs server and these forums for 8 days.

-the only slight "unequality" in my map is that the bottom players have one 'square' of building area more than the top. One of the cliffs are on an angle there and I cant get rid of it
mad.gif
If you look at the cliffs at the very top and compare them to the bottom youll see what I mean. I haven't found anything more than that, and I'm pretty fussy
smile.gif

Thats fine Joelius.. I had this funny map where its 3v1.. u hav this small space where u can bearly make another pylon, and thats where 3 guys are stuck to.. lol i hope u'll be bak soon.. dont' make my legs to sleep again from sitting tite -_-;

*slaps his legs to make it come again*
*leg kicks me*
*on the process breaks it*
*OWWWW*
mad.gif
tounge.gif

K I had some issues with network on my home, and i hav to go bak to Windows XP. *yay~ no~* lol

I'll be off to formatting tonight. hope it doesn't jamm up
tounge.gif

So what do yall use for making and editing maps? I have SCXE (2.5 right now, where can you get 2.6?) and guedit for locking. I dont do any map making (0 creativity) I just edit maps to make em better.

Back