Tek shops for a Sprint smartphone

Tek, I was on T-Mobile (poorest service EVER) for the longest time and when my contract ran out I could simply buy a new phone and stay off a contract, perhaps AT&T would let you do the same?
I have my doubts (there's a reason why AT&T was ranked dead last in customer service), but I suppose it's worth a try.

But given the choice between AT&T customer support and a stranger trying to sell an old cell phone on craigslist, I think I'd have to opt for the stranger.

I have my doubts (there's a reason why AT&T was ranked dead last in customer service), but I suppose it's worth a try.

But given the choice between AT&T customer support and a stranger trying to sell an old cell phone on craigslist, I think I'd have to opt for the stranger.

AT&T customer support is easy. Just have to know how to talk to them. I had my phone troubleshooted (troubleshot?) and a replacement confirmation in my inbox in under five minutes this last week. Talk tech speak and give them the respect they need (they've only been talking to total idiots for the last 5-7 hours) and they'll move mountains for you. Works the same with any technology based customer service reps.

AT&T customer support is easy. Just have to know how to talk to them. I had my phone troubleshooted (troubleshot?) and a replacement confirmation in my inbox in under five minutes this last week. Talk tech speak and give them the respect they need (they've only been talking to total idiots for the last 5-7 hours) and they'll move mountains for you. Works the same with any technology based customer service reps.
Well, I called AT&T customer support and they informed me I could buy a Samsung A777 for $50. They couldn't tell whether they charge for shipping without processing the order.

So my choices are:
  1. Pay $50 for a phone that reviews suggest is actually slightly worse than the phone I own now.
  2. Pick up a cheap phone on craigslist or eBay.
  3. Borrow a phone from a friend (assuming I can find a friend with a phone to borrow).
  4. Find the charger for my old Nokia 6102i and use it.

I mentioned that because he said that that feature is the biggest advantage. How is it an advantage when their leading competitor does it?

Well iCloud is pretty good (its amazing when you compare to the crap mobileme before it.) but its not the same really as the single entry google account. Regardless all 3, (iOS, Android, and Windows Live) have cloud services.

Last edited:
Well, I'm way late to this party, but I have the Galaxy S II with AT&T and I love it! It seems it took me forever to get in with the cool kids carrying a smart phone. I was also planning on switching away from AT&T, but then I washed my old phone a month before my wife's contract at ATT was up, and suddenly their service had gotten a whole lot better. With no more dropped calls and the sudden availability of 3G in my little town, I caved and got a nice phone now instead of suffering a month and then switching.

After comparing it to my sister's and my coworker's iphones, I'm so glad I have an Android and the SII. I'm a developer and coding on a free platform with free tools and choices for marketplace... can't get better! I don't know if I'll ever actually release anything or not, but hacking for free is way better than needing to shell out money for an objective-c development environment.

Well iCloud is pretty good (its amazing when you compare to the crap mobileme before it.) but its not the same really as the single entry google account. Regardless all 3, (iOS, Android, and Windows Live) have cloud services.

I am not referring to iCloud, my contacts, email, calendar, etc, are all from my and backed up on my Google Account. Just like Android. :p

EDIT: But I must admit I am impressed with iCloud, but not for email, contacts, and calendar, lol!

Last edited:
Back