TeamFortress 2 Stories of w00tness

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Picture it: Sudden Death. Two evenly matched teams. Three minutes to decide the outcome of a hotly contested match.

Elihu is playing as Soldier. I'm playing as Medic.

We charge out of the gate, Elihu throws a few rockets into walls close range to help me build an ubercharge, and we meet the enemy on the battlefield. Just as we're about to go toe-to-toe with a Heavy+Medic combo, my ubercharge fills, I hit the trigger, and give Elihu the 10 seconds of invulnerability to smear the Medic and the Heavy.

Fast forward to the last 20 seconds of the round. Only one enemy team member remains. I theorize he's hiding in the spawn to force a stalemate. Elihu and I move forward; Elihu sends a rocket flying into the second floor overlooking the trainyard. I hear a grunt.

We hit the train tracks, I turn the corner, climb the ramp, turn the next corner, and spot the Sniper staring forward. He doesn't see me.

Five seconds left. I frantically scramble for my 3 key to whip out my bonesaw. I fumble the keys and hit my ~ key instead, triggering the console. I nearly scream, but manage to get back to the game and pull out my bonesaw with one second left. I run forward, bonesaw in hand, bring my melee weapon down on the unsuspecting Sniper...

...and score the frag that wins my team the match at the very last second.

w00tness!

Coolest end to a round EVER.

Elihu and Shagz can confirm my story. :)

Last night was a blast! I had the opportunity to play alongside of Whon, Shagz and Tek7 on a <CC>< server and had a blast.

One level was the old "well" map and I went engineer, and Tek7 was his usual medic self. Now an engi is really a support class in TF2 nowadays, not able to dish out much damage on their own away from their sentry....but when two support classes work hand in hand they can do a lot of damage to the other team. After our team had pushed the opposing team back into their base, and basically barricaded them into their base I moved up to the front lines with my shottie taking potshots where i could.

After going toe to toe with a couple of soldiers (yes, unbelieveable but true) Tek said he had an Ubercharge ready...he decided to utilize me since I was by their front door to go in and take out their sentries. Thus the fun began...we went in and I had my shottie blazing left and right...finally making it to the sentry I whipped out my wrench and proceeded to demolish sentry and dispenser in one swipe. After the success of breaching the barricaded doors and taking out the sentry with a wrench, I was rolling in laughter...this went on for most of the map and as an engi I had the second or third highest score on our team, only 4 of which came from my sentry gun.

After going toe to toe with a couple of soldiers (yes, unbelieveable but true) [...] I whipped out my wrench and proceeded to demolish sentry and dispenser in one swipe.
True story. I was there.

I found myself thinking, "Does Elihu remember that he's playing Engineer?" And yet he took out 2 sentries while a Soldier on my team couldn't demolish a sentry before an ubercharge ran out.

all I remember is the server needed a reboot and how much fun luring Heavys into a false sense of security as they rush me the sniper just to flop to the ground as another victim of my fully charged sniper rifle.

Back