Team SoE Team Build Thread

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
I need input guy dont be afraid to post. I think we can still trap and be an asset Dervish are nice and I think we can still use them but my Suggestion is bring a motivation Paragon to the build and drop a dervish maybe play around with using QZ still. Throw out Suggestions and Don't get sad if I pick apart your build a little I love the input and I can get some good ideas from you guys and incorporate it into the team. If you have a good build we can build off we can start a new thread about it picking it apart. If people wanna stay with th trapping thing say so and I want people with any free GW time to test a few things on your own. Dont worry if you dont it is ok I too am playing Nightfall lol but I love PvP.

Im more then happy to help test out builds, just PM me anytime Dredd. i'll think of some builds once i find more skills from NF. WOOT SOE!

I think the original idea of the core PvP group was to work on a more stable PvP group with a more balanced build with a shot at holding the hall. I enjoy trapping and although we have some serious difficulties keeping it viable, I think we should consider working on something else on Tuesdays.

I'm hoping that the Hero spike we kept running into on Friday is just a short lived trend, but for now, we should look to build something to counter the high powered focused firebombing done with the heros. I think a couple E-drain/interrupting mesmers and/or a choking gas ranger to interrupt and shut down the eles would be a good start. A couple monks with spell breaker or the ele or assassin equivalent would throw them off a bit too. I don't know that AI has been updated to change targets if a spell fails for spell breaker.

got me thinking :). 1 Healing Monk 1 Prot Monk 1 Motivation Paragon 3 Starburst ele Nukers or maybe go with a degen team? 3 Mes or Necro or a splash of each? or a Warder and 2 Starburst ele Just throwing out Ideas.

Oh degen would be fun, with my mesmer in elona I take out baddies pretty quick. There is a neat elite mesmer skill called "Recurring Insecurity"- For x secounds target foe suffers -x health degeneration. If that foe is hexed again Recurring Insecurity is reapplied.
Or could just use Migrane as an elite, I think degen. build would be fun i know we have faced something like taht a few times in HoH.

AHH!DEGEN! My degen ranger pwns. I was using him in AB's and i could take most things on my own. I am totaly for the degen build.

A warder with Ward Against Elements would also help against the fire bomb we saw the other night. It sound like degen is something we want to try Here's what I'm thinking:

2 - Mo/E - 1 heal/1 protect both with earth secondary and elements ward.
1 - Me/N - Degen/E-Denial Hexing
1 - N/Me - Degen
1 - P/R - Support Heal/Buff with interrupts and choking gas (armed with bow)
1 - R/? - Degen

Is it possible to get an FTP site? or perhaps doa mass-mailing with attachments?

I ask because with NF out, and the ability to save skill sets, you can also 'trade' them. Just look in your guild wars directory, there's now a folder called templates. A set of SOE skills sets could be assembled and sent out to anyone. then, when the time comes, you just load the right skill set and no more...'what skills do i need?'

---of course you do have to have the skills unlocked to use them.

Can you post your skills St?
yep... idk if i can remeber it completely but im preety sure its accuate
1. set back, energy is a tad trouble, shouldnt be too hard with Druids armor and some Attunment runes now, but i was doing this before NF so...

R/Me
1. Conjure Phantasm
2. Phantam Pain
3. Poison Arrow (Elite)
4. Ether Feast (healing)
5. Energy Tap (energy)
6. Troll Unguent (healing)
7. Rez Sig (obvious)
8. Other (some kind of bleeding thing, like Hunters Shot but other...)

12 Illusion
7 Insiration
4 Expertise
13 Wilderness Survival

Iteams:
some kind of bow (short probably the best) with Poison extension
Druids Armor for Energy
...extra energy :p

Last edited:
1 - R/? - Degen

My Degen is a R/M, im preety sure that Mesmer has better/more degen skills then necro but i made it before NF, so idk.
lemme look at all the NF skills and i'll update my build

Is it possible to get an FTP site? or perhaps doa mass-mailing with attachments?

I ask because with NF out, and the ability to save skill sets, you can also 'trade' them. Just look in your guild wars directory, there's now a folder called templates. A set of SOE skills sets could be assembled and sent out to anyone.
Would this work on the guild website? Just zip and upload there?

If you have looked at the template files, they are actually quite small. In fact they are .txt files encoded with the primary and secondary profession, attribute levels and skill bar info all in one line of text. Unless someone gets to it before I do tonight, I'll copy and paste the text from the template file onto the forum and we'll see if we can copy and paste it back into a .txt file in the template folder and have it work. If someone else does it before I do, please remember to post primary profession so that I can build the appropriate PvP character to load the template.

OK, just for lack of another commonly known build, here is the line of text from my template for a ViM Trapper with Tranquility:

ASMRduMmHhTbh5kcUOLnepAA

As for tonight, I'm not sure how many people will be available, I know one2dredd will not be playing tonight.

Check out this cool tool .... to use with the TEMPLATES.

Decryptor

The above link uses the string that DZwart provided, but you should be able to copy any valid string into the "key" field and see the skills and attribute spread.

Enjoy

Ya, thats DZwart's VIM Trapper. But Browse the site, they have a pretty good setup, showiing builds and giving the text string to use the new Template function (plus their decrytor tool is pretty neat). I'm starting to see these strings popping up all over when someone is discussing a build. It's really nice to be able to just create a text file to try a build.

Back