*** Team SoE Sign UP ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get into PvP stuff. I'd definitely have lots to learn though (starting with all these abbreviations everyone keeps throwing out), and I'm still working on my Interrupt technique... Then again, Mirawyn's got Me covered already, so whatev!

-Chadley
Well, I DO let other people play a mesmer...ocassionally. :D

As for the abbreviations, GuildWiki has a good primer on abbreviations. And don't be afraid to ask; I still have to ask sometimes, and I do PvP twice a week!

I'd love to get into PvP stuff. I'd definitely have lots to learn though (starting with all these abbreviations everyone keeps throwing out), and I'm still working on my Interrupt technique... Then again, Mirawyn's got Me covered already, so whatev!

-Chadley

I understand how you feel - I started playing counterstrike recently and I still don't know half of what people are talking about in local chat.

There is a certain lingo for PvP that begins to make a lot more sense when you start playing PvP regularly. Until you do play though it can be a bit hard to explain some of that stuff. But of course you can always pm Mirawyn or I, or any officer anytime you're confused. And I hope you will join us for PvP.

In regards to the earlier post about SF and alternate builds- I do agree that we should be doing other stuff for the sake of people who can't bring what we need for the SF build, but the key thing is that there is usually a PvP post every week and the people wanting to do other stuff need to respond to polls there and post their ideas. I recently suggested that we might try something different, such as PvP training for new folks but people overwhelmingly voted for SF. So that's what we did.

Here's the thing about SF right now- aside from earning fame, it has also gotten us closer to winning the Hall than we've ever been before. I think once we actually win the Hall with the build, there will probably be more people willing to try other stuff. But until we do win, I think people still feel that we need to practice and perfect this build so we can win there.

Paul

The problem is that the knockdown people used to achieve with hammer warriors is now accomplished much better with 'bunny thumpers'.
E V I L! EVIL!!!!
if any one who is a person who like to totaly get people mad and annoyed Bunny Thumping is much better then a mes. Bunny Thumpers are terrible.:mad:

1 Ritualist spirit-spammer
Paul
:D gee who could that be

Originally Posted by TheChad1215

-Chadley
HoH= Halls of Heros
GvG= Guild vrs Guild
PvP= Player vrs Player
SF= Searing Flames (in PvP)
SS= Spiteful Spirit
thats mostly all ya need for now. tho it is nice to know more. coming a few times with us and the lingo catchs on really fast. and people abbriviate almost everything now so no one really knows ALL of them cause people make them up all the time.

The SF build seems like the flavor of the month. Like VIMWAY, SF appears to be used to farm fame.
While Searing Flames IS a bit trendy, it's also very effective. It's not like the various Heroway builds, which could get you quick fame but could only take you so far. We have actually made it to the hall twice with SF; once we skipped a few, but the second we actually fought our way to the castle beyond the goblin city, through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered. :)

One nice thing about our Searing Flames build is that the other three positions are flexible, to a degree. We've used monks, rits, paragons, necros, warriors, whatever.

If nothing else, almost EVERY build needs a monk! I would recommend that anyone who wants to do PvP at least try monking; I'm...less than stellar...as a healer, but I have done it. Even if you don't want to monk (it's really hard in PvP, and I think only Paul actually enjoys it), it helps you understand how best to mess with enemy monks. :D

If nothing else, almost EVERY build needs a monk! I would recommend that anyone who wants to do PvP at least try monking; I'm...less than stellar...as a healer, but I have done it. Even if you don't want to monk (it's really hard in PvP, and I think only Paul actually enjoys it), it helps you understand how best to mess with enemy monks. :D

I enjoy it? :confused: Er, ok.. :D

It is true that monks are alway needed, but they are one of the few character classes where a hero monk or even a henchman is better for the team than an inexperienced player. You've really got to time everything well and know your stuff, and its just such a high pressure and difficult job that I couldn't recommend it for the inexperienced. But if you play a monk in PvE and are proficient with it, then by all means give PvP monking a try. Like Dea said, we can always use monks.

Paul

Hi There. I'd love to learn PvP. My name in the game is The Scarlet Raven. Currently, I've done a bit of PvP, but not enough to really know what I'm doing yet. I'm definitely not good enough to join your GvG team yet (but I would definitely like to join once I improve).

I've unlocked Team Arenas, but not HA yet. I have all 3 games but haven't finished the storyline in any of them. If any one wants to team up with a newbie warrior in TA look me up. I'm currently using an axe build with Triple Chop and I do at least have max armor. (Newbie, but not quite that new)

hey that is the point of this team to teach everyone how to PvP for those truley interested. Now remember there will be lots of losing :). God willing we will be able to pair experiance players with inexperianced ones and you all will not have to lose as much as our current team who are not finding success and it is now a lot more fun now that we know we can hang with the best.

I am very pleased with the response to this thread. I know a few people who are not on this list that probably will but got to get them in the forums :). I will keep registration open a little longer and plan on Starting a discussion thread on when is a good time for everyone to play. If we need to change start times add another so on and so forth.

On a side note all those interested you WILL need Teamspeak it is free has no spyware and even if you cannot speak it really helps to listen and recieve directions from the leaders. Plus we have a good time on there.

Andrew

On a side note all those interested you WILL need Teamspeak it is free has no spyware and even if you cannot speak it really helps to listen and recieve directions from the leaders. Plus we have a good time on there.

Andrew

Yep thats me, the notorius All-Hearing-Mute-Guy. :D
TS is a blast guys, even if you cant talk (like me JOIN THE CLAN!:p )
obviously you will need a mic to talk, but until you get a mic and you still want to PvP TS does not require a mic to listen, just download it and you can listen. To talk you will need a mic naturely.

can there be a list made that has everyone who has signed up and, what timezone, and if they have TS/Mic. i wouldnt mind creating that btw.

Now remember there will be lots of losing :).
Gee, really?

Seriously, if you are easily discouraged or really impatient, you probably won't like PvP. It takes some practice to get to the point that you can win frequently. Even the best groups lose sometimes, after all. We should know: we have beat some of them! :p

I promise, though, it's really worth it! And just think: someday we WILL see "Spirit of Elijah has just won a battle in the Hall of Heroes." Or maybe "Spirit of Elisha". :)

Ok team is now closed. If you want to join still PM me I will not turn anyone away but this part is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back