TDM Competition Team: Match v. DSA

kraniac

We've been challenged by the "Dark Shadow Alliance."

In light of this, it makes me laugh, actually, to recall a conversation I had a few days ago-- being mocked by Feuergeist about being in a Christian clan. I said that I liked the idea because it's nice to have friends you can enjoy hobbies with that share the same beliefs you do. I also said that there were a number of anti-Christian clans, so why not have a Christian one? Feuergeist laughed and said that there weren't any anti-Christian clans. I said that I've personally seen a few, but not since the days of Q3.

Well, DSA is one of them. You can see their poorly-designed website at www.lostpcgamers.com. Be sure to mute the marilyn manson by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking the stop button on the wmp plugin. Their TWL logo is a pentagram.

I don't know any details yet. They will follow as they are worked out.

What I do know is this: They're new to TWL, they only have two members, and, selfishly, I really, really want to beat them. Religious intolerance should have no place in the gaming community.

Last edited:
I agree about both things you said, All we're really about is having fun with people who share the same beliefs we do. And boy oh boy, would it be fun to beat these guys. I dunno if they are satanists or anything, because they don't really have a statement except for that weird code thing. The pentagram on their TWL profile could just be to make us mad (since they just joined and challenged us), or it could be them trying to look bad. Either way, I'm definately up for another match. :)

It wouldn't suprise me if they were. I've known friends over the years who have fallen into that sort of thing, and it was usually because of a great desire for self-reliance, which their team description stresses eagerly.

Hey krainiac, I hate to go off topic, but is your avatar a guy with a unibrow and no mouth, or an upside down head? I thought it was the latter, but my friend suggested otherwise.

upside down face, or upside down head, depending on your school of thought. Unibrow? Seriously, he's whacked.

The match is on Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 9:00 PM EST.

w00t, I can most likely make that! I can't wait! That's what I said about the head, it's actually kinda funny, did you make it yourself with your 1337 artzorz skillz?

I made it with M$ paint. I got the idea in the shower one day, drew it, and realized all the layers of symbolic meaning it has. Since then it's been my avatar pretty much everywhere.

But, it can't compare to my l33t ph0t05h0p 5|<1||z, but I don't own a copy of that. I just use it at school. My usual signature image is this, which I made in APS:
kraniacsig.gif

I found the Xfire one more useful though, so I use it instead for most places.

I've gotten Wicked Sick, but they were all newbies and it wasn't a stats server so the only evidence I have of it is a demo.

I wonder why Wicked Sick is above Godlike... Not only that but "Wicked Sick" is pretty lame. :rolleyes:

Just my $.02

It's over. The match went down like this:

First, I reboot my router, use the bathroom, and log back on, after warming up with Killerah, James, and shadetaker. The DSA guys put in Tweaker and Silent_S. I am in the process of running their GUIDS (to make sure that they really are Tweaker and Silent_S) and notice that Tweaker just joined the team on the date of the match, the 13th. Rules state that only players who joined the roster before the challenge was accepted are eligible for play. So I told Tweaker that he was ineligible. They got upset and began taunting us, but he left. They sent in Necromunga as a replacement. He didn't even have a GUID entered in his TWL profile, so I got an admin and we worked it out. Apparently he used to have another account, and he asked for it to be deleted, but it wasn't, so he couldn't input his new GUID because it was linked to his old account. The TWL admin, Shadow, decided that he could play, then enter his GUID, but that if his GUID didn't match the one he used in the game, they would forfeit retroactively. I agreed to this. So we played, and Shadow spectated to make sure everything was kosher.

First map: DM-Rankin. 62-30 for ToJ. Killerah got the 100 shield most of the time, and I focused mainly on the 50 shield and Double Damage. We overcame an early deficit to beat them easily.

Second map: DM-Deck17. 59-17 for ToJ. This was their map choice. Honestly, I don't like this level at all, because it has two 50 shields. Anyway, by controlling the 100 shield and Double Damage, we did better on this map than the other. Necromunga stopped in the middle and implied that we were cheating, saying, "the red team isn't taking damage. I hit them with three flak balls and they shoot me once and kill me." Shadow assured him it was because we both had full health and shield, and play continued to our victory.

After the match, Shadow informed me that they accused us of cheating, but he knew we didn't since he spectated (and because he knows me, and he knows I wouldn't do that). He also said they were going to drop off the ladder. It's sad, really, so see them drop after one loss. I think the ladder will be better for it, though. They were rather immature-- they were quick to taunt us when we demanded that they stick to the rules, and quick to accuse us of cheating when we obviously weren't. In any case, I wish them well and I hope they grow up to be better-adjusted people than they are right now.

I forgot to get a demo of the first one. An omniscient serverside demo of the second one is available on my demo page.

Congratulations!

I was watching the match through the in-game browser, and when I saw Killrah disppear for a while and Shadow in there, I became slightly concerned.

I look forward to watching the demo tomorrow.

I tried turning it into an avi file first so I show my friends at work. But it crashed somewhere along the line about 5 hours recording.
It was taking 30 minutes to turn 2 minutes into avi. I had it set on 800x600 highest quality. I have a 3.2 p4 with 1 gig ram. The avi file it made refused to open after it crashed the file was 1.2Gigs- whoa. I might try it again on a smaller note some day.

yep, I don't know why but it crashes at around 32 kills. The bug report says it tries to call a function from a place that doesn't exist. It's bizarre, but it's a repeatable error, so I don't know what else to say but, don't watch past the 31st kill.

Back