Sunday February 8th, 2009 It's time to get Strong!

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
These next few weeks I plan to focus on my favorite verses from the whole Bible. (Unless the Lord nudges me in another direction that is. :) )

Ephesians 6:10 said:
10. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

One of the hardest things for us Christians to do is fully rely on the Lord. Really it is! We get all the book knowledge, the scripture memorization, the insights from the Lord and we start thinking all that "strength" is from ourselves. After all we are the ones who did the memorizing and the studying...

Paul here is reminding us to be Strong in the LORD! Our power is nothing, sure we can change the course of rivers and build fantastic buildings. However the only reason we have the ability to make this earth do what we want it to is because the power over it was given to us waaaaaay back in Genesis. (See Genesis 1:26) Yet it is because we have Power in the Lord! not anything we did.

In order for the following verses in Ephesians to work, you have to take this first step and rely wholly on the Lord for your strength. Are you? Or are you leaning heavily on what you know? I'm not saying the book knowledge is bad! IN fact, far from it, we are commanded to hide God's words in our heart!!!

Just make sure you are doing it for the right reason, to grow closer to the Lord and to be able to use the strength He gives you when the time comes.

Back